Vote For Worst Highway/Street/Freeway in Taiwan

That would take my vote for worst highway, hands down. Nightmare indeed!

That would take my vote for worst highway, hands down. Nightmare indeed![/quote]

The car we were driving belonged to my wife’s older sister, who was away on her honeymoon. When she returned, we told her and her husband what a beautiful drive HWY 9 was and that they should go as soon as possible! Man, are we mean. :smiling_imp:

We beat the piss out of that little Ford Festiva, not only on HWY 9, but across the highways from Puli to Taroko (also a neat drive), and some partially washed-out and rock-pulverized roads near Beipu. I am amazed nothing broke on that car.

I wopuldn’t say any one highway/road/etc… is a nightmare. Rather the timing of your drive.

CNY: ChiaYi to Kenting…8 HOURS!!!

Chinese New Year…23 Million people go out to the highway and park. They just need to stoke their little bbqs and have the worlds longest tailgate party.

The up and over Yangmin from the north side was pretty hard on the patience and the arms. Not so much the snakish manner, but again, timing. Traffic made it what it was. Even Piglet couldn’t overcome the traffic…I don’t think I got outta 3rd gear the whole time.

Can we stretch the topic to include highways of the world?

There are too many to list… But the most dangerous ones are those called one-way streets in which no one follows the rules! For some reason scooters think they can ride any which way they want to, when in fact they too must follow the direction!

LOL…in fact…LMAO…

They must? Who must? Come on Jeff G…you have been here long enough to know…“must”…must schmust…

You are right about the danger of it…I used to live off of one such example…I don’t know how many times I almost got a right smack down coming out of my alley by some taxi or benz coming up the wrong way. After a year, I began to expect it and took suitable precautions each time after.