VP Lu sues CNN

[quote]http://news.monstersandcritics.com/asiapacific/news/article_1273556.php/Taiwans_vice_president_demands_apology_from_CNN

Taipei - Taiwan’s Vice President Annette Lu, angry at being called ‘insane’ and ‘scum of the nation’ in a CNN broadcast quoting an attack by China, demanded an apology Tuesday and indicated she may seek damages.[/quote]
Presidential hopeful indeed. Already picking fights with CNN. I really hope she becomes the DPP standard bearer.

Why is she suing CNN? Shouldn’t she be suing China, or one of its government spokespeople?

Whats her defense that the allegations are false?

pro

[quote=“almondbiscuit”]prolly depends on the way the news was presented.

a lot of those ‘pro-china’ outlets put quotes in such a way as to reveal their biases.

some of it is just bad/lazy journalism.[/quote]
Some of them are so lazy they can’t even be bothered to reach for the shift key.

CNN is pro-China?

I admit it; I own CNN.

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Ted Turner is Chinese?

No, but close.

Married a commie of suspected Vietnamese ancestry.

[quote=“one man riot”]No, but close.

Married a commie of suspected Vietnamese ancestry.[/quote]
China owns Fox too. Rupert Murdoch has also married a Commie of clear Chinese ancestry.

Don’t be silly everyone knows it is the Jews and liberals that control the media.
The Chinese are only interested in a peaceful rise.

Seriously, picking fights with CNN?

Come on AC, how more biased could you be.

CNN runs an article titled, “Taiwan’s ‘Scum of the Nation’ runs for President”

and all you could say is Annette Lu is picking on CNN?

Well, in that case why would they point 900 missiles on Taiwan?

Well, in that case why would they point 900 missiles on Taiwan?[/quote]

I think AC was being sarcastic, and CCTang, obviously our biggest proponent of the Chinese Communist Tang will be silent about that remark; either that or admit that the CCTang (The party not the user) is the master of doublespeak.

Why does any country point X missiles at Y? Are they all about to go to war?

Why does any country point X missiles at Y? Are they all about to go to war?[/quote]

Look at the Cuban Missile Crisis and figure out the number of ballistic missiles we are talking about.

Then look at how many ballistic missiles China has aimed at Taiwan.

Its as if I point guns at you constantly Zeugmite. Or Occam’s Razor. Are you supposed to be comfortable with that? Are you telling us we should be?

The Chinese have 900 missiles cuz they’re afraid that A-Bian’s gonna try and take back the mainland.

In reality case, why are they (the missiles) pointed on Taiwan, and not at Korea, Vietnam, Mongolia or Central Asia. Even if comparative comparison is made, India should be more worrisome rivalry than Taiwan. Have anybody got any idea how many missiles are being parameterised at India? Or are you faking your shitty ignorance that you don’t know.

Because no one is handing out peace like lollipops, Mr. He. Peace is won, not given.

Even Chen Shui-bian understands that. I don’t at all fault Taiwan/ROC for developing cruise missiles and/or purchasing military arms from the United States. It makes perfect sense for Taiwan to maintain the military force needed to support their political goals; doing so doesn’t imply that Chen Shui-bian’s political goal is to launch cruise missiles at Shanghai or Hong Kong.