Wack Things in Taiwan 2018

the brekfast here is well known and well liked and i dunno about your home country but the options are lot more extensive here than mine. just calling it shit with seasonings on it is not much of an opinion.

oh i forgot its forumosa, i forgot i’m supposed to say taiwanese food sucks and its only shit on a stick or shit with seasoning for brekfast. :thinking:

1 Like

I love traditional Chinese breakfast, your pastries , doujiang (sweet or salty, hot or cold), you tiao, xiaolong bao, danbing , baozi, luobo gao.
Granted some places are a bit greasy but come on, that stuff is good !

7 Likes

Anything well seasoned tastes good. Eating things because they just taste good is not always smart, oil content and other ingredients should be considered.

BTW, no one called it shit, the more respectful term poop was used.

whats seasoned about it? are you confusing taiwanese brekfast with meat skewers or what?

if i’m going to eat brekfast out i want it to be tasty. if making at home(which i do 90% of the time) i’ll worry about being healthy.

When is something tasty? The moment its seasoned well, otherwise it’s bland! I can make a tasty breakfast at home, if I eat breakfast out it’s because it’s a convenient way to get something that makes you less feel less hungry. Or at a hotel buffet.

stahp. taiwanese brekfasts are not overly seasoned. doughy and oily and not particularly healthy sure but heavily seasoned? you are barking up the wrong tree.

So I’m waiting at a light this morning, over by Tai Da, and I look at the bike next to me and the lady driving it, I can’t see her face because of her helmet, but under her puffy winter coat, I notice she’s wearing this beautiful traditional Indian lady dress, like midnight blue with silver sparklies, I forget, what are they called??

Sari

It’s OK, don’t worry about it.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

But she really was wearing one, which you don’t see every day.

2 Likes

Go home, Dad. You’re drunk.

1 Like

I CAN’T go home, I’m drunk!!

Starbucks’ food is decent but Louisa’s food is crap. Louisa’s drinks are pretty good though.

3 Likes

Yes given the price point Louisa has some good drinks, especially their flat white. About the food: forget the salty stuff which sucks and (if you’re in a third-wave nonfranchise branch—the ones that look modern and up-to-date) go straight to the desserts, which kick Starbucks’ ass.

Guy

3 Likes

Starbucks’ food is terrible, but admittedly, not as bad as their coffee.

1 Like

Their brownies are inedible. And since that is a crowd pleaser, I am very disappointed.

For me, the cinnamon rolls were a disaster, and those awful croissant sandwich thingies.

Look, most small coffee places use third party dessert supplier. Most are run of the mill awful, like Starbucks. But some can be picky and get something really nice. Close to work we have one coffee place that also has a massive supplier, but their stuff tastes fresh and actually it is pretty nice. I mean, not in house awesome a la Heritage Cafe but over the decent line and into the I am pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

You can’t write this and then not give the name! C’mon…

Why is whack spelled ‘wack’?

louisas? i tried one of their brownies, not only was it bad it had raisins in it. ridiculous.