Wack Things in Taiwan 2019

I have tried eating pig’s blood but it’s not as fancy as this one.

It’s highly unpleasant. You get a weird texture combination of gelatinous pig’s blood and peanut. The taste is really only sweet peanuts. Pig’s blood itself doesn’t have much flavour.

Also there is a version where the pig blood is mixed with rice. Bit more palatable.

1 Like

I think there is a cure for this now.

Ebola then?

You’re posting from, what, 1982?
Congratulations, and enjoy the mild weather. :+1:

2 Likes

Blood cake or something along those lines, right? Can’t remember what it’s called, but I think I tried it my first time in Taiwan. Not bad at all from what I remember, but the idea of eating blood certainly took some getting used to!

I was shocked when the doctor her prescribed blood cakes when I was anemic. :rofl:

1 Like

吃什麼補什麼!

Does that mean eating brains will make me smarter?!

And I should get my 老闆娘 to eat more hearts!

4 Likes

In this case iron from the blood? Kind of makes sense …

Well the vet prescribed liver to my cat that was suffering from liver malfunction.

“Alright Fluffy, all you have to do is eat this new liver and poop out the old one.” Piece of cake. They teach that one on the first day of vet school!

The vet probably started recommending this type of treatment after encountering setbacks with cat acupuncture.

*Catupunture

I assume this is the variety where the cat does most of the puncturing. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Would that be catmepuncture?

1 Like

“Lie down and relax, this won’t hurt a bit”

2 Likes

Kitty just wants a belly rub!!

With cat scratch fever as a possible side effect!