Wack Things in Taiwan 2019

My wife’s grandmother (Taiwanese) prepared her cooked pig brain to help prepare for exams in highschool.

You left out the important part. Did it work?

1 Like

Apartment building’s plastic Christmas tree is still up with cute fake presents under it.

1 Like

Same. Even just pointed out to a visiting friend that it still says “Merry Christmas” on the front door to the lobby.

I don’t remember the decorations staying up this long last year.

I took mine down on Saturday.

1 Like

What the hell …stick red cards on it it’s good for CNY too.

1 Like

I didn’t even notice it. My wife asked me if it’s usual to have a Christmas tree up in February.

1 Like

I could probably walk outside within 10 minutes find a restaurant with a mini Christmas tree or decoration up all year.

1 Like

I don’t really notice it, but I’ll try to pay more attention tomorrow and see how many are still up.

There’s a car park near where I work that seems to have a perma XMAS thing going on.

Ok, Ok, I promise I’ll take down Santa Claus from the front door this week…ish.

In the really pisses me off departmemt, anger beyond anger, WTF Taiwan authorities, please tell me you took a red envelope and not that you are this dumb, etc. ad nauseum…

Me and @the_bear used to know dudes who were overstay that used to enter and leave the country that way all the time…

In a woman´s dress?!

Pretending to be pregnant?!

Sorry, but you do it to me all the time! You men via Hong Kong? By plane?

Like them cats.

ETA: Of course, it only works when the lady really sells it.

Small in stature friends of ours. Seven friends. Dopey, Grumpy, Sleazy, Smelly, Farty…I forget the other two.

1 Like

Skanky and Clammy

1 Like

The sisters?

Do you know Itchy and Clumpy? I think they are from Steinbach.

1 Like

And another “nothing has happened here, move on”, mixed with “how you dare question my wisdom?” However, the good thing is that the young do not just obey blindly. If it was the other way around, the teacher would have been fired; as it is, he is praised for his cleverness.

As for the inclusion of an English expletive in the President’s name, the teacher suggested that since it was only a refresher exam following the recent break, that it was alright for some jokes and sarcasm to be included in the text of the exam.

Ultimately, the teacher did admit that he was sorry if his test question had made students uncomfortable.

An administrator at the high school said that the teacher, who is in his 50s and has taught English for over 20 years, is well respected at the school. The administration defends his right to design his tests as he sees fit, even if this particular exam has drawn unwanted attention.

In the future, the administrator said that they hope students will file such complaints through proper channels, so that the school can better address issues like this.

Calling the president shit is a joke…:wall:

5 Likes

This attitude is exactly why there’s limited opportunities for Taiwanese young people here. I can guess what would happen if they went through the “proper channels”. The “proper channels” need to look in the mirror.

2 Likes