Wack Things in Taiwan 2019

Speaking of Tsai Ing Wen, she did an exclusive interview with CNN about “aggressive Beijing.”

I don’t get involved in the politics forums, but if somebody wants to start a thread over there about it, have at it. Or if the mods know a better place to move this post, @tempogain?

1 Like

Am I the only one here who’s come close to busting my monitor when executing an especially exuberant bird flip to a specific email/PM???

You shouldn´t have the monitor that close to your face, it is bad for your eyes. To prevent this, keep monitor at double arm´s length and higher than 20 cm.

Guess what I just did

You sent the monitor flailing through the air, far, far away from you?

???

Double arm’s length would put me in the next cubicle.

And there’s a little intern girl there already who wouldn’t appreciate the company much, I’m sure.

Arm and a half? Just a bit more than arm´s lenght is OK.

Whoever invented the cubicle system should be sent to a hell just above the other idjit who came up with open working space.

Where do you think they got the cubicle system from

1 Like

1.The advertised highlight of the National Lantern Festival is a 16 meter bluefin tuna lantern.

2.It’s not a pig in the year of the pig. If I was born in the year of the pig, I would be severely saddened especially if I was a child.

They do have a very nice lantern to honor immigrants:

From CNA.

Looks even better at night, with many colored lights.

1 Like

How’s that honoring immigrants?
I don’t get the connection… :idunno:

They helped make it with seashells and the iron frane was made by a famous artist. It allegedly represnts women who are 95% of the immigrants to Pingtung.

I am quoting the press release here, man.

:rofl:

Mail-order brides from Vietnam.

Are you really using that ignorant outdated term?

The bare hooters represent the fertility of foreign brides?

From CNA

1 Like

Why is taipei full of this trash? walking in some parks is a nightmare, the ground is full of crawling stuff.

I don’t want to assume any genders here, but that crowd looks overwhelmingly female. (talking about the brides, not the bugs).