Wack Things in Taiwan 2019

Pacific Northwest (PNW)?

1 Like

Sometimes when I drop a 1NT coin, someone bends over, grabs it and hands it to me before I have a chance. I hate that.

OK, let me know where you are when you plan to be dropping money in various places. I’ll be sure to bend over, grab it, and hand it to me when I have a chance.

I’ll be behind you all the way!:noway:

ICRT has their “Traffic Trainer” PSAs in English only. :noway:

I thought the MOTC ones usually have a Chinese version after the helpful “Don’t open your car door without looking and ignoring your mirrors while pissed out of your mind and taking drugs without a seatbelt on” advice?

Not sure about that. But the ICRT ones with the over-the-top bad acting are definitely all in English. Pretty sure it’s the DJs starring in the skits.

3671a99455e577e89941e73e176bfb6605285e9

How we should all take out the trash.
Taken across the street from Tri-service on Tingzhou.

That’s MY hospital. If that’s from the ER, I may have sat in that wheelchair before.

1 Like

I’m the only foreign looking person walking onto the elevator full of people. Some guy outside elevator saying in broken English “elevator is going down” as a statement because obviously the foreigner doesn’t need to go down to the parking lot or something.

Then everyone ever so slightly paused conversations and looked at me, apparently a confused foreigner on the elevator who doesn’t need to go down to the parking lot, like I’m supposed to do something.

So I pull out my car key and start looking for my token to pay and the elevator continues silently with people glancing at me out of the corner of their eye until I exit.

I hate that. And I hate that I notice that. Maybe not hate but definitely tired of it.

8 Likes

In Taiwan there’s very little difference between being noticed as a VIP, a guest, an oddball, or an alien from another planet.

Or maybe think I was their or their kids English teacher in the past?

It sounds like the time I had an MRT worker attempt to convince (and I mean super insisting) me out of buying a Taipei Pass in the late afternoon because I was “wasting my money”. Don’t tell me how to spend my money!

Fun fact! 862 bus from Danshui to Keelung is 8 sections at $15 each. It’s cheaper to buy the pass at $180 if you are doing a round trip.

Is a comment needed or does the picture say enough?

1 Like

When the squid is bigger than the steak, you know something’s wrong.

4 Likes

Jeez I love it when you talk dirty…

Otherwise known as “too much surf, not enough turf.”

1 Like

Taiwanese comes in handy in these situations. A loud and cheerful “heN-a, wa ma be loh-qi” will have people glancing at your unquestioned triumph

2 Likes

Is that like double downing?

Talk to the squid.

Translation for us 外省人?

“是的,我也要下去”

1 Like