Wack Things in Taiwan 2020

Could be Canadian coins. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nope. Quarters. And not the collectibles.

What do you mean quarter? If you ask me what a quarter is, it’s the coin I posted.

2 Likes

Yeah, in Canada. Would show you but the cat sat on it just as I was going to take a picture. Dunno if they are the same size. The only Canadian money that stayed with me were the plastic bills!

They’re trying to pass these off as NT$10 coins? How do you know it’s a foreigner doing it and why do you have one of them?!

I have 2. Like, they are circulating and they were given to me in bunches of change.

I picture some cash strapped foreign student doing this…and then the vendor spotting another atoga to unload the goodies on.

2 Likes

The real question is why are the cats sitting on them?

1 Like

Because they can!

2 Likes

You don’t understand cats very well, @Marco. Cats sit on anything they want, especially if it’s something you don’t want them to sit on, because it’s their destiny and their purpose.

4 Likes

I do not. I am allergic to cats and this allergy has protected me from the Toxoplasma Gondii.

2 Likes

Sigh.

The old Taiwan $50 bimetallic coin was the same size and colour as the Canadian two-dollar coin (toonie). I saw a toonie in a betel nut stand, displayed as a warning not to take fake money. I exchanged a $50 coin for it since I was going back to Canada on a visit shortly, and the coins were about the same value.

3 Likes

:rofl:

I once brought a loonie to a class full of kids. They excitedly screamed CHOCOLATE!

Turns out they sell chocolate loonies at the market and Carrefour in Chinese New Year.

2 Likes

Some guy threw a bucket of chicken (?) feces at a restaurant in during noon

1 Like

Not just any restaurant, this was politically motivated. Not wack but terrorist aggression by pro China traitors and infiltrators.

1 Like

I love my hot dofu corn soup. It’s worth the barely edible steak.

A couple of things:

The old lady downstairs sitting on a bench by the noodle shop, looking destitute, owns a huge parking lot full of beemers, benzes and the 16 story apartment complex across the street.

The popcorn the hotel is leaving me every day is corn soup flavored.

5 Likes

A woman in Xinyi had a bucket of faeces tipped over her head about a fortnight ago. This faeces bucket thing is so hot right now!

1 Like

I know it’s been mentioned at least once just this year on here, but when you board a bus and all passengers are occupying aisle seats with empty window seats adjacent.

Only high school kids, obnoxious ones at that, do this in my home country.

4 Likes

Yes steaming hot like in body temperature hot.