Wack Things in Taiwan 2020

There is still a lot of poverty in Taiwan, especially in the south. Cheap for me and you may not be cheap for a single parent of two on a NT$25,000 a month salary.

10 Likes

I’m sure this has been brought up, but having to hail a public bus like it’s a cab is wack as fuck. It’s especially dumb when there’s like 90 people crammed at the bus stop and people are frantically waving their hands in the air.

2 Likes

Just wait for the next time when you’ll be waiting for the bus and it will just pass by you without stopping. After that you’ll too be waving your hands in the air like you don’t care.

7 Likes

And then wait for the time when you ARE waving your hand and it still passes you by. Then you will understand the franticness!

7 Likes

I think it is because most bus stops in the main cities, and especially Taipei, have multiple bus #s that can stop there, and so the waving is to show to the arriving bus driver that there are passengers wanting that specific bus; otherwise, he/she may just presume that those waiting at the stop are for other bus #s and not the one he/she is driving. Just :2cents:

7 Likes

Then, you’ll glide by the people as they start to look and stare. Do your dance, do your dance…word up!

5 Likes

1 Like
3 Likes

Now all you sucker Forumosans who think you’re fly
There’s got to be a reason and we know the reason why
You try to put on those Airs and you act real cool
Got to realize that you’re acting like fools

1 Like

The reason for that is that there are passing a lot of buses with different destinations, and drivers don’t know where you want to go, they don’t want to stop for nil.

I don’t know where else to put this. Link it to another thread if useful.

Something different about some car roof top strippers dancers.

1 Like

Things have gone downhill .

1 Like

Why? She has at least 30 years work experience.

3 Likes

It’s happened. Doesn’t make it not wack that we have to do it.

1 Like

So why do bus drivers in NYC stop?

No idea, you need to ask someone that lives in NYC.

What’s with those cold uncooked hot dogs at 711? The regular ones are fine but now they’ve added this pale looking one with the sandwiches already on a bun. Anyone dared to try it yet?

Surprising even myself, I actually liked this hot dog. I can’t remember if they heated it up for me or not.

But was it “juicy”?

1 Like

I just can’t get over the color. It looks raw. And why not just get the ones on the rollers?