Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

Oh no, that poor chap. [/sarcasm]

I wish them health and strength.

If this was my kid, the “teacher” would be lucky to get a life sentence because I would be waiting outside the gate.

1 Like

Just read the article, with video.

the boy’s uncle, who had taken him to the class

This uncle should share a cell with the teacher, he should have had some notion of the child’s athletic ability, and that this went well passed it.

Those weren’t even judo mats, not the 7" thick mattresses I’ve seen around

No one, man,woman,child,or adult, should be attempting break falls on only their 2nd day on the mat, or they are likely to actually break something.

This is very sad

1 Like

Huh?

I left my edit on the burner too long, apparently

What I have seen people demand of kids in terms of performance in sports, academy, etc…sigh…

I’m sorry for posting to the thread but this is just sick…

Yes, wrong thread. Please post it somewhere else. Wack Things in Taiwan?

1 Like

And do I have to say it?!: that person needs help before he shoots another person. He is just warming up, practicing. First animals , then larger prey.

I’d have him on close watch. Now that they took his toys away…he may find more creative ways to “have fun”.

This kind of people is why you can’t let kitties outside.

1 Like

Not exactly in Taiwan but perpetrated by Taiwan internet “celebrities”:

Put on makeup instead of a mask in Bali (Indonesia). Trying to get a reaction from locals.

Already posted some posts above…

1 Like

Well, let me add then their passports were seized, million bucks fines contemplated and unfortunately, the supermarket employees will also be punished for the prank.

The deed was done in Indonesia, the girlfriend is Russian. I did not get it was the same incident.

1 Like

Why?
Did they willingly participate in the prank?

Negligence for not enforcing the rules/catching them in the act. From manager down to aisle clerk. Not that I agree, just quoting the article. As per the law in Indonesia, establishments should enforce mask rules.

1 Like

Not whack…but a little funny. Six months ago construction began on a long bridge near my house. The entire bridge will be rebuilt. On the north side they removed the trees on the side of road near the bridge. At the same time…on the south side they were planting large trees near the bridge. I told the wife that eventually the trees they were planting would need to be removed. This week they started removing the trees they planted six months ago.

6 Likes

Reminds me of this old joke about a guy who is waiting for the bus and watching two construction workers next to him. One of them keeps digging large holes in the ground - and just when he moves a bit further down the road to start digging at another place, his colleague begins filling up the hole again.
After about half an hour, the guy can’t stand his curiosity anymore and walks towards the two workers asking them what they’re doing - only to receive the response: “Well, usually, we’re three workers working together. But today our coworker called in sick. His job is putting the trees into the holes.” :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Spying for China only gets you 40 and 22 month sentence…that’s hilariously short.

6 Likes

Speaking Tuesday, Chen said the preliminary findings of the police investigation into the case at G House Taipei suggest that the unusual act may have been directed at the restaurant’s owner, who allegedly owes money to the Bamboo Union, an organized crime ring.

Ah, it was just a normal debt dispute with an organized crime ring leading to the cockroach attack. Nothing unusual to report here.

5 Likes

Give the guy a great low interest loan and he still can’t pay it back on time.

What if it was catroach?

Articles like this that leave hanging half a dozen unanswered questions.