Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

Money-saving is Taiwan numba 1 argument winner!

2 Likes

Ok, maybe she is into something and couldn’t express it accurately.

2 Likes

2.5-3.5?! What nonsense! Especially the brain development - kids know when they have to go before they can express it in words or hold it - that’s one of the reasons baby sign language is so awesome; you get a much better understanding of what the little nonverbal lumps actually understand. And we can train 5 month old dogs to be potty trained - are we thinking that a 2.5 yr old kid doesn’t have the brain development of a 5 month old dog?

1 Like

How wack is the Taiwan subreddit? Echo chamber for “Taiwan is awesome” comments only.

2 Likes

I had two kids. The oldest was 10 months old, just started walking, when he decided he wanted to use the toilet like Dad. He would fuss before he wet a diaper. The youngest could’ve cared less about a wet diaper and was almost 2 before she was trained. Their personalities are still the same today.

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m seeing this wrong. One guy fishing, and one guy dumping sewage?

12 Likes

It’s probably just toxic waste. At least it’s flowing the other way, I think.

One man’s trash is another man’s…dinner.

1 Like

I am guessing it is not biodynamic fish food for the little baby fishies that he is pumping there.

‘biodynamic’ ha. Way to spin it, bdog.

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s sucking up the river water for street washing or watering plants along the streets.

3 Likes

I’m gonna go with that. I like that answer.

4 Likes

Definitely, if he was dumping the hose wouldn’t need to actually be in the water.

2 Likes

And he wouldn’t be doing it in plain view, in broad daylight.

That’s not how the dumping guys roll.

I think. :grimacing:

Guy

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter because I see fishermen fishing beside sewer outlets all the time. :no_mouth:

Was just sitting on a bench in Minquan West Road station waiting for the metro and a girl in a pink mask and safety goggles came to sit next to me, but first she sprayed me with what I presume was 75% ethanol. I gave her a dirty look and got on the metro. Bit strange.

2 Likes

The insane price of houses in Taiwan are still no good for 2021. Seem does not matter how much you work, how much you save, it is never enough. I’m wondering how these people afford to buy a house here. Every time I feel too happy, I will go check the house price just to keep my feet on the ground.

It is a “whack thing”, isn’t it?

4 Likes

Daddy owns a factory in China, hasn’t spent more than $100 NT on a meal in over 30 years, and drives Uber for extra cash on the weekends.

9 Likes

Seems just right!

1 Like

That is really weird.