Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

Why? Why do they deserve exemptions?
So we can have other deaths like the one in Next TV?

The show must go on!

Actually most productions have masks on set, take them off for filming, put them back on when done.

Other programs, including talk shows, are filming with masks on. Heck tv anchors wear masks.

Even for commercials there is testing- a pal who works in the field tells me.

1 Like

Oh, OK. So covid-19 can’t be transmitted while filming, right?

1 Like

Minister Chen seems to like this, as it provides a helpful social model.

Guy

4 Likes

Allegedly they get tested before starting.

Morning news, always entertaining.

So there is this mini bus company in Taishan, provides service down to Taipei main station. Provided. Drivers haven’t received their salaries in 3 months. Why?

Well, on mother’s day the company came up with a discount card. Sold a bunch. Person in charge absconded with the money.

2 Likes

That guy deserves to be stripped naked, smeared with bananas, and thrown into a pit filled with famished forumosan macaques. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Guy

Uh oh spaghettios…

…it was not the first time Chen got into trouble with his driving. Last week, when he was delivering goods, his truck got stuck at the side entrance of the Hengchun Precinct. In another recent accident, he crashed his truck into someone’s trellis.

6 Likes

just another day on the job for MR CHEN. sledding through red lights, nearly running over 20 pedestrians, and of course ramming into historical monuments.
ARRESTING ME FOR WHAT? I THOUGHT THIS WAS TAIWAN!!

8 Likes

‘Seems like I’ll fit under it … oh yeah, I’ll make it, one more binlang and a sip of Wisby.’
‘Hell yeah it’ll fit!’

“Taiwanese truck driver in legal jam after damaging old city wall”

4 Likes

Guys, you better start getting ready for a big quake or something: a double headed snake was born recently. It is considered a really bad omen in local culture. It usually appears

As per the news.

666 :smiling_imp:

People wearing gym gear to cafes and restaurants. The worst part about it is I think the people who do this appear to think they look kind of cool.

3 Likes

Depends on the lady :sunglasses:…sorry I mean person.

1 Like

Not just a Taiwan thing.

4 Likes

This is hardly specific to Taiwan lol. Have you considered the chance that these people are just about to go to, or just got done with, the gym? “Activewear” everywhere has been a thing in many developed countries for years now.

6 Likes

It is not acceptable behaviour to wear sweaty gym clothes into a restaurant or cafe, and sit on a seat, or brush past others tables, in my opinion.

3 Likes

The Brits are worse

1 Like

I’m ok with gym clothes at restaurants.

Some people (girls) look fantastic in gym wear. A lot of people wear gym clothes, but don’t even exercise.

Can’t always change clothes between gym and home just to eat.

Stinky gym clothes should not be worn to restaurants, or even to gym.

1 Like