Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

Doctors hate this stuff. Alternative addictive deadly drugs.

AADDs.

I have a friend that will only use Line app to call me.

They like to talk. But connection always sucks.

Frustrating.

They are cheap and trying to save money.

Guy

People probably said the same thing when phones first came out.

THIS!!! I really find it unbelievable how these so called “game shows” can go that extra mile to objectify women as sex toys/eye candy by making some women in their 30s or 40s wear school uniforms and act like 12 yr olds and talk like Minnie Mouse… and guess what, almost every Taiwanese love watching them act this way. I remember some while back, I watched a game show where a panel of guest judges had to guess the size of a mystery woman’s breasts which were covered in a cardboard box and her face was fitted with a mask. She would stand on a platform and then the curtain will slowly raise revealing her legs in a short skirt and then her entire body and then the “judges” will take turns guessing her hooters size and why he/she chose flat/small/big/huge or enormous based on her bone structure, the way she stands, talks or by the size of her hips. After the box comes off and reveals her “awesome big” or “depressingly small” jugs, (with the camera constantly panning in and out of the cleavages) the audience will gasp or let out a moan and one of the judges will comment "哇,好大好豐富唷,真羨慕!!(Wow! That’s huge and well endowed, I’m so envious of you!! )or "真可憐耶,妳有男朋友嗎?(What a pity, so do you have a bf?)” and the host and hostess will go on talking about her breasts like how you wash them, what massages you give them etc etc… Fun part -->> my parents who were visiting Taiwan got to watch it with me along with my sis in law and my nieces… :joy::joy::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

8 Likes

This ‘cute is cool’ phenomenon seems to me jarring with the theme running through the rest of Taiwan society, which by my reading, is essentially kill or be killed.

1 Like

Sorry Icon, but I fear I may not have fully considered this.

The Peoples Liberation Army, from their title and political role, should be supportive of bra-burning. This moves military mammary development and posture fully to the front, the very D-cusp, of the geopolitical confrontation in this region.

It could be argued that Taiwan, as a free and open society, is using the Pectoral Puncturing Posing Parade (Passing Out a Possibility) to demonstrate to the potential adversary, and to the world, that there are no false fronts or silicon subterfuges.

Can the same be said of the Chi Com Cheesecake Cutette Commando Cadre?

Compare and Contrast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyPt1GtntsA

Not within a pair of course. That’d be invidious.
And usually redundant

On an island where, given the climate, ringworm is already ubiquitous*, getting even more sweaty in tight-fitting synthetic clothing, well…

*(I’ve been here long enough to get ringworm too, and it was this that opened my eyes to how prominently displayed various treatments for it are in the pharmacies here, it’s clearly a large market.)

1 Like

Yup, Taiwan is definitely a Japanese postcolony. :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

Not that difficult actually.

3 Likes

My son went through that. Secret- they actually like it.

As long as they just pierce the skin it’s not real painfull.

My wife’s sister and her husband have one top priority which supersedes everything else in life: their son. While this might sound noble I think they take this way too far. They have a daughter which gets way too much attention but the son is key point.

Recently my wife’s father died on a Friday morning. The sister’s daughter was leaving to go back overseas for school Friday afternoon. The daughter wanted to pay respect to her grandfather so the wife, husband and daughter drove 3 hours down south and spent less than an hour there. They then drove the daughter two hours back up north to airport. Can she go to airport by herself? Of course, but this is the parents who would not let her take an MRT by herself until she was 15.
But then they drove back to Taipei instead of driving back down south because they had to help their 25 year old son pack his bags on Saturday night as he is leaving for military training. This is the son who has finished medical school. So instead of staying with the deceased father’s mother…they just had to help the son pack his clothes.

This is the couple who drove from Taipei to Kaoshiung to help the son move from one apartment to another. I asked if the son had so much stuff and they replied he would probably have to take the taxi two trips to move so best if they just did that for him. They were in Kaoshiung less than 2 hours and drove back to Taipei.

3 Likes

The woman waiting for my carriage on HSR is doing a stupid in the spot marching excercise where she claps after each step and its REALLY rumpeling my stiltskins this early in the morning.

7 Likes

And she’s one of those stupid scrotes who doesnt know headphones are a thing too.

2 Likes

I saw a recycling granny pouring cans of cooking oil into the sewer grate. There was a car halfway covering her. Probably 8 large cans.

3 Likes

My wife’s family sometimes try to do things like this. Helping too much and doing unnecessary things. It drives my wife fooking crazy. She doesn’t want help. And she always makes fun of me saying she will divorce me if I become like them with our kids. But my response is always that they are old and bored. What else are they gonna do?

My dad in England is the same. When I was a kid, he would never give me a lift anywhere. Never pick me up and I’d walk 3 miles back from training. Now, he picks my thirty year old sister up after she goes to a club instead of her taking a taxi. He waits up for the call and my mom waits up with him. Then he takes her to her house and then he drives home. He and my mom set their alarm in the morning and then give my sister a morning wake up call instead of her setting an alarm. I know this because they have called me by accident.
I said to my dad that it is ridiculous. He was like I have nothing to do all day. What does it matter? So I understand the whole driving for hours just to help for a short time. They have got the time so why not?

4 Likes

she should just sell it to some unscrupulous businessperson, cut out the middle man person sewer

Traumatic memories of Taiwan’s notorious “gutter oil” scandal return!

:face_vomiting:

EDIT: This even made it to the NY Times editorial page (granted it was the International Edition of the paper):

Guy

3 Likes

Your case is bit different, tho.
Your parents have free time on their hands. They are not skipping a close relatives funeral just to help a 25yo man to pack his bags… :wall: