Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

In that combination.

If either is switched up, I’m out.

Guy

1 Like

Remodel it and she will come.

You’re more of a kitchen man than I am. I wouldn’t throw it out of my house though.

I need more counter space to store my new pour over equipment.

Ahhhh, first world problems!

Guy

2 Likes

You know how to enjoy life! I’m stuck with a family and a french press :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is not over yet :fish:

12 Likes

If the person changing their name knew the regulations they should be stuck with their name. They can carry a namecard that shows the name they wish to be called by.

1 Like

Parliament debates law that bans people from changing their names more than three times after stunt leads to unforeseen consequences

Unforeseen…really?

“Our trust in civic rationality is too low,” said legislator Kuan Bi-ling

Naw, seems just about right to me.

4 Likes

Dunno if I am just becoming even grumpier in my old age, but I feel like more and more people ignore basic social etiquette on the MRT in recent years. In the past I have, much to my wife’s embarrassment, called out people for queue jumping, having the volume up on their cellphones and so on. However, even I felt mildly impressed at this guy’s chosen method of blocking the seat next to him from being occupied.

I stress that he had nothing else with him. Just the lid, no saucepan, no bag, nada.

16 Likes

I’ve been noticing it more too - bags placed prominently to stop others from using the adjacent seat, or adjacent rack in the end cars - but I assume part of it is desire for social distancing in our COVID times.

Which doesn’t make the behaviour any less annoying.

2 Likes

Pick up the lid, and sit next to him

That’s what Chicken Man would do!

14 Likes

I would just sit on the lid. Then see if he wants the smelly lid back.

2 Likes

Awesome! I don’t eat at Burger King, but after seeing that nifty intervention, I might do so in the future. :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

And ignore all the other empty seats?

2 Likes

Definitely

Officially it’s Ubikers.

For at least one case, their parents had changed their name twice as a baby without telling them.

So they didn’t realize after changing to “Salmon” they couldn’t change back.

1 Like

‘Parliament debates law that bans people from changing their names more than three times …’

That’s what they told me 10 odd years ago when I changed my Chinese name. ‘Please be reminded that you can change your name three times only. Are you sure you want to change it now.’

4 Likes

The amount of superstitious fortune teller fueled moves here is something else.

Guy

4 Likes