Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

Question: is there an easy source online somewhere to see what has increased LINE-pay cashback offers, and when? All I know is domestic I’m normally at 1%, international 2.8%, but based on the above, apparently taxis would give an increased cashback - what else? How can I find out?

(Main use case is “Huh, OK, I was going to go to that store on Monday, but may as well go on Tuesday for slightly more money back instead.”)

2 Likes

The 3% cashback comes from the Fubon J-points credit card, if you link it to your Line Pay account.

@meishijia just got his J-points credit card recently, hence the joke :wink:

2 Likes

With my J points card from Fubon I get 3% on almost all things I use Line Pay for. Some things are excluded, like convenience stores, but almost everything else gives me points. I’ve already got $250 in points after using the card for two weeks.

2 Likes

Ah, got it. So doesn’t apply to my CTBC Line-pay card.

At some point I need to figure out the math on using that card when I’m in Canada this summer: 2.8% cashback, versus whatever the foreign transaction fees & exchange rates are, and whatever deals I currently get on my Canadian credit card.

1 Like

Channel 214. Kids playing baseball wearing masks.

I’d be surprised if your TW card wins the comparison, but please let us know if you find otherwise.

2 Likes

coworkers doing my head in. She’s the nosiest cow on the planet. Her head constantly craning around the divider to see what I’m doing.

And pestering me. “Is xxxxxx done yet?”

“No. If it was done, I would send you a line message saying the work is done. That way, you would know it is done. Now shut the hell up and let me get on with it. Badgering me just ensures I’m nudging your work further down the queue and you’ll be waiting for it longer you big horming, miserable, heavy-breathing, heavy-footstepped, nosey annoying heifer!”

I wish I could work from home again so I didn’t have to deal with people.

7 Likes

Stop candy coating it.

Tell us how you REALLY feel.

9 Likes

As a matter of public assistance, I took your response to this worker (which you thoughtfully posted in English) and ran it through google translate:

不。如果完成了,我會向您發送一條線路消息,說明工作已完成。 這樣,你就會知道它已經完成了。 現在閉嘴,讓我繼續。 糾纏我只是確保我將你的工作推到隊列的後面,你會等待更長時間,你這個大喇叭,悲慘,呼吸沉重,腳步沉重,愛管閒事的小母牛!

Now you can try this out at work. Let us know how it goes! :grin:

Guy

8 Likes

12 Likes

Could fit 3 generations on this bad boy.

4 Likes

I imagine it’s just a placeholder for a parking space.

2 Likes

It’s just a bench I believe. I think I saw it somewhere in local news, although I feel somewhat surprised I haven’t seen someone actually try driving something like this on the roads.

3 Likes

Doesn’t look very comfortable.

In the interests of maintaining food quality, people 18 and over are advised not to
call the proprietress “auntie.” :sweat_smile:

19 Likes

This is a definite classic post! LMFAO :joy:

1 Like

I’m almost tempted to go there and call her “aiyi” and see what happens.

2 Likes

You’d be safe. Cow-birds seldom last ten winters, let alone 18.

Or how about 阿嬤,姐姐,obasan etc.?

2 Likes

Is “Mei Mei” a good alternative? :thinking:

Guy

This is much closer to “tragic” than “wack.” Sad news from Changhua:

https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202206220022

Guy

6 Likes