Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

Every foreign resident of Taiwan of his generation (he’s been here 30+ years, as per @MikeN1 in the discussion I linked) has a Chinese surname. It was not optional for us at that time.

Guy

Why wasn’t I forced to get one?

That . . . is interesting. I was told: no choice.

Guy

Don’t believe everything you hear.

They were probably freaked out by the udders and didn’t know how to register you.

1 Like

Bribed them with fresh milk and they still wouldn’t put “Dr.” on my ID.

1 Like

Perhaps if you’d offered to at least put it in a glass…

3 Likes

Hardly necessary. My aim is perfect.

2 Likes

You want the MIE ones.
i was going to ship some from the uk but managed to get some picked up in HK. you can also get on Amazon for about the same price as in the shops here if not cheaper.

I think I can see the problem. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

What are they selling?

It’s a department store with various cash back deals in different stores in the run up to Father’s day on August 8th. I guess a generous interpretation is that it is to try and include wives in the spending holiday so it’s for kids dads and for wives lovers, the Chinese version is kinda odd too. They double down with this one inside;

6 Likes

Caught—for the third time. Previously prosecuted in 1998 and 2007, this faux “dentist” received suspended sentences (i.e. no consequences) both times. :neutral_face:

Guy

7 Likes

What, while the father/husband is home with the kids!?

3 Likes

How long does the training take? Surely that would have been easier and faster than doing this. He had the money to take some time out and go back to school for sure.

Ok, it seems like it does take a long time.

This faux dentist seems to have gotten away with it twice. Why stop there?

I wonder what sort of corrupt arrangement led to this utter lack of accountability—with prosecutors and judges involved—in Changhua.

Guy

5 Likes

7 months is a light punishment for already having been caught twice.

3 Likes

The 25 million being taken back is the killer.

I wonder if he made any big mistakes. I remember there was a doctor who did something similar in the UK. Fake credentials from abroad. Got caught after years. They couldn’t find any case where he caused harm or did the wrong thing.

Maybe the guy does good dental work for reasonable prices? :thinking:

3 Likes

Google. :joy: