Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

Reasonable

1 Like

The kind of soap that gets sold in 2-for-1 offers at twice the usual price?

2 Likes

Sensitive skin. No perfumes. Hypoallergenic. Feels nice on skin.

And yeah, gold flecks

200w

2 Likes

Probably melts away after ten days like every other lame Taiwan soap too.

This would be doable at Cosmed.
Anyone want to start a Watson’s vs. Cosmed poll?

1 Like

Can we get a rain check for that instead?

2 Likes

The military opens up the site where live-fire drills were held just hours earlier to allow members of the public to pick up shrapnel which they can sell for cash.

6 Likes

Lots of people dressed up in their finest bike riding gear, speeding the bike paths along the river.

On electric bike and barely pedaling.

6 Likes

Latex fetishists😂 / exhibitionists

Yes it is. And the business set-up you encoutered did not train or empower on-the-ground workers (here, the hapless clerk) to make any sort of judgement calls.

Guy

3 Likes

Taiwanese pop music sounds like PopStars auditions. I’m at the Yimin Festival and they have a concert.

Don’t watch this video.

1 Like

Most unfortunate. Talk about angry ghosts. During a water lantern release in Taoyuan, 3 people drowned.

Sad Pudu. Condolences. Even knowing how to swim, rocky area and at night.

Edit:
English version

5 Likes

The culture of being expected to laugh it off when you are attacked by someone’s dog and get scratched and have your t-shirt torn. Then when you get angry they blame you for looking to dog in the eye.

Yea buddy I’ll laugh it off you f$&k faced penguin.

6 Likes

Was this an unleashed dog that was walking while it’s owner just stared at his/her phone?

No it was in the house I was visiting. I was sitting on the couch.

1 Like

Landlord asking for 22k for a room. You live with the landlord. Can’t even eat in the room.

But it is a highly coveted student area, office workers also like it, says real estate agent. Similar properties go for 15 to 18k but this one is newly renovated.

Even with the Taiwanese paying 22k over 5 ping and living with the landlord does not go down well.

5 Likes

I saw a really old lady today wearing a t-shirt saying “Live fast. Die young.”
I love her attitude :joy::sunglasses:

9 Likes

Hypocrite

7 Likes

The picture would have been complete if she were driving her scooter at 3mph with her feet hovering just above the ground.

3 Likes

Also perhaps short-sighted. She needs those youngsters to grow up to pay taxes to support her social welfare and health care programs!

Guy

1 Like