Waiting in line at Banqiao office for ARC

Has anyone else noticed that it’s a really long wait at the Banqiao office for individuals to get their ARCs renewed?
People from agencies that are extending ARCs for helpers and construction workers go to the windows with 20 passports and it takes a good couple of hours to get through all them.

Any suggestions for when to go or how to avoid spending the entire day in the waiting room? I haven’t seen any comments on this in this thread, so I was wondering if there is a better way…or if there are suggestions for a company that can do this for me, since I never see any ‘alien’ individuals in the waiting room other than me…but I don’t know where to look for these agencies.

[quote=“Anchor”]Has anyone else noticed that it’s a really long wait at the Banqiao office for individuals to get their ARCs renewed?
People from agencies that are extending ARCs for helpers and construction workers go to the windows with 20 passports and it takes a good couple of hours to get through all them.

Any suggestions for when to go or how to avoid spending the entire day in the waiting room? I haven’t seen any comments on this in this thread, so I was wondering if there is a better way…or if there are suggestions for a company that can do this for me, since I never see any ‘alien’ individuals in the waiting room other than me…but I don’t know where to look for these agencies.[/quote]

Try to avoid Mondays and Fridays. Go for midweek (Wednesday is best). Be there around 3~4 PM. No lines at all. Works every time.

[quote=“Anchor”]Has anyone else noticed that it’s a really long wait at the Banqiao office for individuals to get their ARCs renewed?

Any suggestions for when to go or how to avoid spending the entire day in the waiting room? I haven’t seen any comments on this in this thread, so I was wondering if there is a better way…or if there are suggestions for a company that can do this for me, since I never see any ‘alien’ individuals in the waiting room other than me…but I don’t know where to look for these agencies.[/quote]

It’s really ridiculous but sadly unavoidable for Xinbei residents. In the NIA service center in Taipei, foreigners, foreign workers, Mainland Chinese and HK/MC residents are processed at different counters. This helps a lot to decrease waiting time. The Banqiao office (actually located in Zhonghe) should do that as well.

I’ve complained about this formally to Immigration about 8 months ago. You could write one, too.

I will take dasaint’s advice and try next week.

I just did this again last week, on a Thursday, 3PM. I renewed my son’s ARC. No cue/line at all.

That office is in the worst location. But I agree with the suggestion of Wednesday or Thursday afternoon.