Wake up! Guiliani is an A-hole... Did we somehow forget?

oliverwillis.com/2007/02/aud … _giul.html

There’s also video of him telling a disabled man to “get some professional help” on his call-in radio show. I’ll try to dredge that up. youtube.com/watch?v=Ub_dLr-ajKY

Fun things about Rudy!

He is for the murder of the most helpless!
He is a gun grabber!
He is for amnesty!
He is against free speech, McCain/Feingold!
He was a draft dodger!
He wants a police state.

Do your homework before you vote.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Fun things about Rudy!

He is a gun grabber!
He is for amnesty!
He was a draft dodger!
He wants a police state.

Do your homework before you vote.[/quote]

I seem to recall that he had a police state, New York City police state.

I used to have ferrets. :astonished:

The comments on the linked page are pretty funny.

[quote]Comments

Where exactly is Giuliani ranting about ferrets? What I hear is the former Mayor rightfully telling some guy he needs mental help because of his obsession over ferrets.

And I’ll tell you what OW. For the Republican you said least concerned you, you seem to be spending an awful lot of time taking jabs at Rudy.
Posted by: Jay | Feb 26, 2007 6:46:48 PM

I’m honestly not taking a jab here, I actually prolly agree with him more than not in this instance. But the mayor of NY talking about ferrets on radio is funny. Lighten up. (And I’m just writing about Rudy because he’s been providing the most material)
Posted by: Oliver | Feb 26, 2007 6:50:48 PM

No problem. Hard to tell where your left wing craziness ends and your humorous side begins. :slight_smile:
Posted by: Jay | Feb 26, 2007 9:54:38 PM

If loving ferrets is wrong, then I don’t want to be right.[/quote]

:laughing:

Giuliani did preside over the biggest crime drop in NYC history. In 1990, there were about 2,600 homicides in the city. Ten years later it has become the safest big city in the US.

i’m more inclined to vote for him now.

Yeah, right - like ferrets were committing most of the crimes. Pull the other one!

Exactly. I may not like the guy personally, but he did make New York a livable city again. Kudos to him for that.

[quote=“Erhu”]

Exactly. I may not like the guy personally, but he did make New York a livable city again. Kudos to him for that.[/quote]

Did you like David Dinkins personally?

Which if you have read Freakanomics, which suggests that this time period pretty much coincides with legalized abortion ~20 years ago…so no more unwanted kids. (its not just NYC that has much lower crime)

No need to bring Richard Gere into this.

cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/05/ … index.html

This guy can’t even get his own kids to support him. I think he might be in trouble.

No need to bring Richard Gere into this.[/quote]

Those were mythical gerbils, not ferrets. Ferrets are too big, anyway.

Which if you have read Freakanomics, which suggests that this time period pretty much coincides with legalized abortion ~20 years ago…so no more unwanted kids. (its not just NYC that has much lower crime)[/quote]

notice the key word in reztrop’s post “safest”

theinsider.com/nyc/survive/011crime.htm

not to say giuliani should get all the credit, but the other key word is “preside”

I still have ferrets. :sunglasses:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Fun things about Rudy!

He is a gun grabber!
He is for amnesty!
He was a draft dodger!
He wants a police state.

Do your homework before you vote.[/quote]

So was Dick Cheney. I don’t see you complaining about him.

No need to bring Richard Gere into this.[/quote]

Err…a ferret wasn’t involved.

Which if you have read Freakanomics, which suggests that this time period pretty much coincides with legalized abortion ~20 years ago…so no more unwanted kids. (its not just NYC that has much lower crime)[/quote]

notice the key word in reztrop’s post “safest”

theinsider.com/NYC/survive/011crime.htm

not to say giuliani should get all the credit, but the other key word is “preside”[/quote]

Uhm Freakonomics noted that the PREDICTED youth crime rate would soar and THAT was negated by the abortion.

The ACTUAL crime rate in NYC was pretty scary in the early/mid 90s. Rudy started arresting people for breaking windows because breaking windows was a “gateway” crime to say, armed assualt. Pretty ingenious I’d say.

And abortion was legalized nearly 40 years ago.