Walking in the park

It’s likely you have more of an individualistic mindset and he has more of a group mindset. You want to do the opposite of what everyone is doing and he wants you to conform. Neuro Linguistic Programming. You are both correct, according to how you are reading the map.

Ultimately it’s your elderly dog that has the most at stake from how you two humans are behaving. Maybe choose the more peaceful option, for the dog’s sake. It doesn’t get to choose.

Let us know if really boils over and you both come to blows. Then you, the dog and the jogger all lose.

1 Like

Are you certain it’s not “one of those parks”? Perhaps you’re taking part in a little courtship dance and are unaware.

3 Likes

Sooo… basically he should move because you think he should and you don’t want to. Awesome.

No, because the rule of any sidewalk is…walk in the same direction as traffic. The other walkers do the same.

That center strip is about a foot and a half wide.

1 Like

1- there’s no rule
2- you said the park is almost totally empty when you’re walking

There’s the nugget of your problem. You’ve got a rule in your head that nobody else has heard about.

Looking at the picture I do agree that you should be free to walk any way you so please, clockwise or counter. It’s nobody else’s business. The jogger is being ridiculous.

They’re both being ridiculous - they’re both refusing to move on a mostly empty path, to the point of shoulder checking each other.

I agree with you. And it’s the dog that is the likely victim of it all.

The center strip is for blind people.

4 Likes

have you walked in a shopping mall, supermarket or sidewalk recently? everyone adheres to that unspoken rule.

No, I live under a rock.

I live in London mate. There’s no rule amongst 9.5 million people. People are like ants. Try not to bump into them and you’ll do fine.

I do park run every week, and every week one or two contrarians decide to run headlong into a thousand people. C’est la vie.

You guys drive on the left. Here they drive on the right.

The only place ive seen sidewalk issues is HK. Locals vs tourists.

1. why are you posting if you’re not in Taiwan
  2. I ain’t your mate. i never met you before.

Sick burn.

Give it time.

1 Like

Ok, i think im done with this post.

As a social experiment, if you’re in Taiwan, next time you’re in a park, supermarket or sidewalk, walk (or run) on the left hand side. Refuse to budge. Come back and tell us what your experience is.

Cheers.

If you believe this to be true, why on earth walk against the crowd?

As stated twice before, the only creature at jeopardy from this course of behaviour is your dog. Wise up and put the needs of you dog before your own.

1 Like

I’m embarrassed. I didn’t know that.

me too, actually.

1 Like

Well tbf you’ll never see a blind person use it.

3 Likes