Walking

Did the prison bend over and grab the ankles stretch today. Legs feel pretty good. 30 minute walk. Great Dark Star St Stephen from 1969.

Down 2kgs to 87.5.

did the bend over what to stretch what???

for a 30 minute walk.

what are you doing exactly jdsmith,…running uphill the whole way,…gaining 1000 vertical feet per half hour,…or just swingin’ those arms as you breathe in and out, while huffing along a paved parkway without loosing glimpse of the nearest emergency stop point?..

breaking your ass to prepare for a 30 minute “walk”??!!

give me a break. you wanna walk, buster…

we have some talkin’ to do…

jm

We walk for fun
In the hot hot sun.

1.5 hours. My former security guard rode by and offered me a lift. Don’t people here walk for fun? Or only round and round at schools?

[quote=“jdsmith”]We walk for fun
In the hot hot sun.

1.5 hours. My former security guard rode by and offered me a lift. Don’t people here walk for fun? Or only round and round at schools?[/quote]

In Muzha people walk for fun on the dikes every night. What the dikes do for fun I don’t know.

Walking eases the mind. Seriously, the quiet alone time is a blessing. And I get to practice being friendly, saying “Good morning” to the one armed lady and the swtreet sweeping lady. They seemd to like my tie dye Dead shirt. :slight_smile:

Down to 86.5kg and I haven’t pooped yet. :smiley:

i live near Chungli industrial and have considered walking 5 km to work and back…My concern is the only path available is the same street where container trucks and buses passes. Pollution all over!!!

any protective gadgets in mind? Would wearing a mask work?

ayw71

[quote=“jdsmith”]
Down to 86.5kg and I haven’t pooped yet. :smiley:[/quote]

My god man, that’s awful. Try more fiber in the diet.

[quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“jdsmith”]
Down to 86.5kg and I haven’t pooped yet. :smiley:[/quote]

My god man, that’s awful. Try more fiber in the diet.[/quote]

Well, today I got that out of the way before my early morning 6:15 walk. Only time for 30 minutes, but it felt good. Focused on taking longer breathes and walking faster. My lung strength has improved as I used much less air when scuba divng this past weekend. whoohoo

[quote]I live near Chungli (Zhongli) industrial and have considered walking 5 km to work and back…My concern is the only path available is the same street where container trucks and buses passes. Pollution all over!!!

any protective gadgets in mind? Would wearing a mask work?

ayw71[/quote]

Holding your breath when they go by?

A mask might be really hot and uncomfortable.

JD smith wrote [quote]Well, today I got that out of the way before my early morning 6:15 walk. Only time for 30 minutes, but it felt good.[/quote]

1.5 hrs - 30 minutes = 1 hour! :astonished: You poor constipated bastard! :slight_smile:

1.5 hrs - 30 minutes = 1 hour! :astonished: You poor constipated bastard! :slight_smile:[/quote]

I’ve having this problem with posting clarity recently. :unamused:

jdsheesh

You’re gettin’ too damn es-o-ter-ic…come back to the Dark Side… :smiling_imp:

first to jdsmith, i do commend you for walking. i guess i just take walking for granted. i use it as my main transportation mode, so i apologize if i sounded harsh when you said you warmed up for your walk.

i accept walking as my means of transport, as well as my means of recreation. i do not warm up, i do not prepare. i just jump in and walk. and walk and walk and walk. i only realize its been a while when my feet and legs tell me so-usually 5 to 10 kilometers.

i say keep it up brother. there is nothing better for the soul AND the body than a good hoof. a good saunter.

you see more, you smell more, you feel more, you hear more, so keep it up.

to ayw 71: a mask is not gonna help. you are only fooling yourself. a typical mask will not stop any pollutants or toxins, it will only make your face hot and you will hate it. if you want to stop the fumes you need to get a mask that firefighters wear when they go into a burning building. forget it. you will stop nothing but large particulates with the over-the-counter mask you see people wearing around town. find a new place to walk buddy.;

jm

For those who live in Taipei I reiterate that a great after work walk is the Fairy Footprint trail starting at Jingmei MRT. The walk takes you over a wooded ridge (with fantastic lookouts over the city, and lots of fresh air and buzzing insects) and then down to Muzha Road. Or you can do a loop back to your starting point. If you go to Muzha Road you can then follow the river trails all the way to Muzha Zoo MRT station. There is a short section along the road but after that it is all on the river paths. You can even cut into Jenda University for some more uphill.

The short walk can take less than an hour. The longest walk maybe 2.5.

Alternatively, you can start at the Zoo MRT station (or Muzha) and walk along the river paths and then cut into the university. Do the ring road and then walk back to the MRT. This is a nice route as you are off the roads the whole time except once to cross a bridge.

The great thing about these walks is that they can be done in the evenings as they are lit up the whole way. Yes, even the trails through the forest on the Fairy Footprint ridge are lit at night till past 9.

Back from vacation and walking again. A bit hot this AM. Started out at 88.5kg. Returned at 86kg. :astonished:

So you finally pooped then?

What are we supoosed to do with this info - start childish masturbation jokes?

My apologies, the subtext here is a rather selfish need to display my sobriety in public as a means to garner moral support and keep the path as it ain’t easy and even less so some days.

I walk; therefore I sober.

And come to think of it, I have NOT pooped today.

:slight_smile:

Dancing keeps me sober. I completely understand. Garnering support is a good thing. And it isn’t selfish. What is selfish is sticking to bad habits that make it difficult for other to be around you and expecting people top continue to bend to help you with your destructive behaviors… so in essence you are being the opposite of selfish.

Thanks, wanna get a beer? :smiling_imp:

Is this where I go :offtopic: ?

Isn’t the reverse true? JD is trying to adopt good habits that make it difficult for others to be around him. You set out on the path to a healthier life, and everyone wants to you slob out in front of the TV and have another beer. How do you ‘take charge’ and do the right things when your social circle is not inclined to do the same? Does becoming healthier mean changing your friends?