Want to get a job teaching adults,small no. of teaching hrs

Hello all,
How do I find out about jobs teaching adults outside of Taipei? Is there a list of such schools? The only school for adults that I
know of in Taichung is GEOS. I would especially like to teach in Taichung. I remember years ago a website by Hall Houston which listed
schools.
Also,why do so many schools offer an ARC,but such few teaching hours? So strange to me. Thanks for your comments.

Regards,
pizza

I’ll take a stab at this one.

The business needs you to have an ARC for you to work there legally, but they can not always guarantee the number of hours. Kiddie cram schools are a little more steady as they have a regular class schedule, but when you work with adults, the scheduling is a lot more erratic.

[quote] I remember years ago a website by Hall Houston which listed
schools. [/quote]

That would be me. My website with the list of schools “disappeared” because it was on Geocities, and Yahoo! decided to get rid of all their free webpages last year. And I was too lazy to move them to another site…Too lazy or too busy with other projects.

Anyway, you can still find the list of schools on the Wayback Machine website, but it hasn’t been updated in many years, so it’s probably not very useful. I think the schools that have adult classes now are GVC (Global Village), GJUN, Wells, and maybe a few others.