Want to grow this site? Post videos

From the little research Ive absorbed on Internet trends it seems millennial are almost exclusively focused on video these days and they do little reading of any sort.

If you want to grow your audience and reach you are going to have to introduce video into the mix!

There are ver average vloggers on YouTube who get way more hits than this entire site!

1 Like

OK then, make us a video and weā€™ll discuss it. You do realize this is a discussion forum donā€™t you?

You do realize itā€™s a suggestion donā€™t you?
I donā€™t own this forum.

Thanks for the suggestion. What kind of videos would you expect a site like Forumosa to produce?

Maintaining a YouTube channel is something I have long wanted to see for Forumosa. Do you think something like How-to videos or reviews of Taiwan places drawn from the posts in this forum would make sense?

Pls suggest your favorite TW oriented videos so I can reach out to them and look for ways to collaborate

I just heard the stats at a corporate meeting a month ago. The guy said millennialist hardly read at all. Even on the internet. They are watching videos or gaming or on chat apps. Of course would need to check the stats.

I am not familiar with Taiwanese video sites but I think the guy who does 'č€å¤–äøę•™ē¾ŽčŖžć€ is funny and very successful with the kids here especially. Massive hit counts.
Thereā€™s a guy called ā€˜serpicoā€™ of similar name in China that does nice videos of China daily life and the issues he encounters, he gets a lot of views and followers
Too.

IMHO this is what you need to do to keep up with the times.

https://youtu.be/rLK9rDNsKXE

1 Like

Iā€™m all for a Youtube channel and contributing. However, are millenials the only people visiting this site?

Personally, iā€™m half and half. I read a lot of forum posts here and on reddit, but I canā€™t say I donā€™t spend a lot of time on messaging apps and on Youtube.

Thereā€™s a bunch of foreign Youtubers here in Taiwan talking about very trendy topics such as the controversial 911 music video that @hansioux posted a few days ago. My personal favorite is Stop Kidding Studios. They cover a pretty wide variety of topics all pertaining to Taiwan. Hereā€™s a clip for you guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4GoUA8nEQE

2 Likes

Noā€¦stop kidding is awful contrived rubbish filmed in a hostel with a bunch of young naive told what to say by the infamous Johhny.
Do not copy that.

Haters gunna hate.

Iā€™m not saying a Forumosa Youtube channel has to copy SKS, but shared the vid to give an idea of what others are doing.

Some of their topics or questions they answer are kind ofā€¦obvious to those that have lived here for awhile, but could be helpful to a newbie or someone thinking about coming to Taiwan and following their channel.

2 Likes

I still donā€™t get it. If ā€œmillennialsā€ donā€™t read its their loss. We canā€™t be something that weā€™re not. But if someone wants to curate a Youtube channel under our name with links to related content, that might work. Actual creation of content though? Why would we do that?

Itā€™s not only millenials that watch videos. Everybody watches videos!
By the way millennials can include people in their 30s now.

Good idea. People with relevant talents could create informative videos based on Forumosa posts. I think admins should decide amongst themselves and put up a list of topics that the forum can make videos about. Interested people will respond.

1 Like

Obviously ā€œEasy picking up of easy Taiwanese chicks made easyā€ would be our S1E1.

I personally have zero interest in videos here. Iā€™m certainly not going to watch a video about Taiwan when Iā€™ve lived here long enough to see things in person. Unless the video is really interesting, I rarely can watch anything over 5min anyways. The value of this site is a more modernized forum formate you donā€™t see anymore with people going back and forward. What kind of videos are we even talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB-r8OfIVVU

1 Like

Vid-de-yasā€¦Itā€™s wot al de yeng folk r wochin.

There is no hope for the Human Race.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LRVxfReYGA

Iā€™m giving that a :heart: without even watching it. The pug is that cute!

Quite a thought provoking video