Want to Purchase mac withㄅㄆㄇㄈ or Chinese Keyboard in HKG

Does anyone know where I could purchase one in Hong Kong?

What is it with these Honkies - ? Apparently it is impossible to get a Mac with a Chinese keyboard in Hong Kong. Apparently the solution is to quote “memorize” the location or use stickers, since “no one types in Chinese.” What&(%^&^?!! OK I know that ㄅㄆㄇㄈ is Taiwan only, but what about su cheng, 倉頡,or any of the other input methods other than pinyin?

The reason I want to avoid buying one in Taiwan is that a) I live in HKG and b) Apple Taiwan are a bunch of a$$es if you need any support.

Any good VARS in TAiwan? Any help in time for x-mass would be appreciated. :notworthy:

It’s not the Taiwanese that are not Chinese, it’s the Honkies. :laughing:

why don’t you buy just the keyboard here? then you can buy the computer anywhere you want.

maybe not afghanistan, i hear apple kabul is worse then apple taiwan. :smiley:

or even just buy a keyboard cover if you have a laptop and don’t want to fork out the bucks for a new board. swapping the keyboard even on a macbook is a piece of cake: gone in 20 seconds. if you’re sneaky, you could even try that in a store without the laoban looking. but don’t tell them i sent you.

[quote=“urodacus”]why don’t you buy just the keyboard here? then you can buy the computer anywhere you want.

maybe not afghanistan, i hear apple kabul is worse then apple taiwan. :smiley:

or even just buy a keyboard cover if you have a laptop and don’t want to fork out the bucks for a new board. swapping the keyboard even on a macbook is a piece of cake: gone in 20 seconds. if you’re sneaky, you could even try that in a store without the laoban looking. but don’t tell them i sent you.[/quote]

Hmmm…thanks!..very interesting thought. Do you mean replace the keys? Or swap out the whole keyboard? I’ve taken keys off of keyboards to do a cleaning and found that it affects the feel of the keys after you put them back on.

Any links on how to swap it out?

Also you can get the bopomofo stickers in most 3C stores in Taiwan which you can stick on top of the keys.

No thanks. Not interested in putting stickers on my brand new computer - especially when one is made OEM - just not for HKG.

swap out the whole keyboard. need to get one for the same model machine of course.

iBook G4 is trivial (two sliding buttons on top of keyboard pull back, lift keyboard, unplug ribbon cable), powerbooks are harder, and the new intel chipped computers? who knows… haven’t got one of them yet. did you even say you’re getting a laptop or a desktop machine?

i use a silicone transparent keyboard coversheet to keep the board and the contacts underneath from getting dusty/oily/coffee-stains etc. i think some may have BPMF characters overlaid on them. look in apple stores online in taiwan. heaps cheaper than a new board, and you get added protection! they’re model specific too.

look at geektechnique, or many others if you use google…

The warranty works anywhere. So you can buy your Mac in Taiwan and get it serviced in HK.