Want to sell marble elephant statue & buddha paintings

hi friends…i had booked my tickets to taipei in february 2011.

wonder where i could sell small miniatures of elephant crafted in marble,wood and Buddha paintings on palm leaves…i have Tibetan Prayer Wheel craft which i got from McLeod Ganj…

thanks
varun

You could sell it ont the 650 bus, 10:45 am everday except Tuesdays and Thursdays.

[quote=“varuns”]hi friends…I had booked my tickets to taipei in february 2011.

wonder where i could sell small miniatures of elephant crafted in marble and Buddha paintings on palm leaves…

thanks
varun[/quote]

outside the world famous 24hour eslite bookstore on Dunhua S. Rd I reckon. But you’ll be illegal.

Next to the shwarma guy in Hsimen.

[quote=“varuns”]hi friends…I had booked my tickets to taipei in february 2011.

wonder where i could sell small miniatures of elephant crafted in marble and Buddha paintings on palm leaves…

thanks
varun[/quote]

Hi Varuns, welcome to The Island.

If you are from India, and those are the handcrafted ones from Varanasi, I’d suggest a classier venue. Like Tienmu’s open air market. If you are selling on a large scal, contact the World Trade Center to participate in one of their fairs. This would be great to find distributors.

Nevertheless, please remember you need a permit to do sell your wares. Hope you have a Taiwanese acquaintance that can help you with this endevour.

edit:
plus, in case you were not aware, there is a large marble production in this island… market will be tough…

But they do have people looking out for the cops. Make sure you can stow your wares fast!

You could try the Center in Tianmu. They have a studio where you display your product for a month or so at a time. They take a commission, which they use to support their work with the expat community (such as counselling services). If your items are nice you can charge a good price there.

http://www.community.com.tw/

Alternatively, you could just come here, and like scores of the Desi ladies, sell stuff to the PTA of International schools and the American Club and any other venue you can find. Of course I am assuming, that your sales venture is a ‘on the side’ gig.

Nowadays, many people are interested in miniatures, I think you should post ads on the net, in specialized sites such as eBay famous in France, so you may be able to receive distributors, good luck!