War Predictions

When i was in university i had a management lecture looking at world history and the 10 year cycle of re-occurring wars. If you take a look at the last 60 years you have roughly speaking you have:
1940s world war 2
1950s korean war
1960s cold war
1970s vietnam
1980s cold war
1990s Iraq 1
2000s Iraq 2 / Afghanistan

Anyways I was discussing with some friends last night what happens next? I’m tipping the US / Western countries will bail out of Iraq, give up on Afghanistan and forget about Iran. And then …

So what are the war predictions out there???

I googled it and nothing particularly interesting came up.

p.s. if you want to discuss doomsday theories from your favourite doomsday / fortune teller / religious text please start another thread.

The Cold War doesn’t really count as a war.

[quote=“Chris”]The Cold War doesn’t really count as a war.[/quote]That’s right. Funding, training and arming extremists to the teeth doesn’t count as war. It’s more like shooting yourself in the foot. :laughing:

marboulette

[quote=“crimpster”]So what are the war predictions out there???

p.s. if you want to discuss doomsday theories from your favourite doomsday / fortune teller / religious text please start another thread.[/quote]
I see a paradox. On one hand he is asking for predictions, on the other hand he is saying to start another thread.
Please clarify.

It does in the sense that those concerned blew loads of cash on weapons pointed at each other.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”][quote=“crimpster”]So what are the war predictions out there???

p.s. if you want to discuss doomsday theories from your favourite doomsday / fortune teller / religious text please start another thread.[/quote]
I see a paradox. On one hand he is asking for predictions, on the other hand he is saying to start another thread.
Please clarify.[/quote]

Fair call. What are your predictions on wars based on strategic benefits.
e.g. Vietnam - knock out communism

meh, wouldnt want to predict and also the pattern seems like bull to me, with definite data selection, ie, two cold wars? iraq2 and afghan is one war, but suez is not

There are many wars missing already and like is already admitted, the iraq2/apfgahn shows how a war theatre spreads and each war is a result of the previous (WW2 and WW1, Korean War and WW2, Vietname and Korean…) that to state each is its own new war is bull

But if it has to be america Id go for a Venezuela vs USA

[quote=“itakitez”]meh, wouldnt want to predict and also the pattern seems like bull to me, with definite data selection, ie, two cold wars? iraq2 and afghan is one war, but suez is not

There are many wars missing already and like is already admitted, the iraq2/apfgahn shows how a war theatre spreads and each war is a result of the previous (WW2 and WW1, Korean War and WW2, Vietname and Korean…) that to state each is its own new war is bull [/quote]

yeah understandable - i should have mentioned it 10 year re-occurance pattern was a theory, because thats just what it is.

Are you going to expand on this?

I distinctly remember a war with the Eskimos somewhere in there. How come that’s not on the list?

It does in the sense that those concerned blew loads of cash on weapons pointed at each other.[/quote]
All it lacked was that defining factor of war: combat.

I know Bush had a pathological hatred for Chavez, but Obama doesn’t.

china vs USA :slight_smile:

In 2016, there is no war. Americans are upset about high taxes so they elect a Republican. Soon, very soon, another war is started.

lets hear it then. How/why/when will this happen?

I hope there will be no war… Imagine an united East Asian federation, China, Korea (North and South), Japan, Taiwan, I think the US of A will feel threaten by that…

As if war were a rational, predictable event. I defy anyone to come up with a rational, fathomable reason why World War I was fought, particularly by the likes of the U.S.

And then there’s World War II. Without doing some research on the issue, how many Americans have even the slightest clue why the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor?

I understand it was to destroy US ships so the Japanese could expand their empire into Asian territory without US interference. Was that ever a bad call on their part!!

I disagree.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_industry

The USA spent $528,000,000,000 USD in 2007 on its arms industry, which is 4% of its GDP.

IMO Its pretty important to the businesses supplying arms that wars occur regularly and I think these companies have the ways and means of making sure that this does happen regularly.

I’m imagining and drawing a blank. Would never happen.

Not remotely likely.

It seems the trend is for wars to become less lethal over the years. But more expensive.