Warhammer Online

[quote=“Punx”]Heh, old names DiE and One (used to part of this guild back in UO days). I think DiE is from UO as well.

I’m curious how you guys find the Oceanic servers response times compared to US ones? I cannot seem to get as good a ping to Aust servers for some reason? I’m with Hinet, should be gettin the same as you guys?[/quote]

Hey,

It’s hard to tell what the latency is like really. I use a static IP address from Hinet, and Fasterping running, both which chop the latency a fair bit, but the absence of a latency bar really plays with my mind. When I cast, the bar appears immediately. That’s all I have to go by. I am gonna roll a Zelaot and see how casting appears with actual spells, instead of me trying to go by the bar which appears to show my stealth cast time on my WE. Will post again soon.

The static IP did the trick! Was easy to setup when the lady walked me thru the pages by phone. Took only 5 minutes too!

Now I get good latency 99% of the time, web pages are much faster, etc! Excellent. Aust servers are probably playable now, but cant be screwed re-rolling :frowning:

Does a fixed IP really make that much of a difference? I generally don’t find Anlec that bad. I’ll be on a much better connection come Monday night however.

I have to say that I really enjoy the game. The pvp aspect(with good xp and gold) and the non-lame quests(i.e. no killing 100+ monsters for 10 items). The PQ’s have been interesting and I got my first loot bag last night. I’ll be working on the professions this weekend. I’ve learned as a RP to hot/heal/shield and stand in a mass of BWs. That Chosen with a 2-hander isn’t killing anyone by himself if I’m healing them. Witch elves are deadly and I finally ran into a smart one in T1 bgs. Quests are highlighted on the map where they need to be completed. Compared to having to have thottbot opened to figure out WOW’s quests, that’s pretty nice. Bag space is generous, compared to starting out in WOW. You’re level 1 alt can also max out any crafting profession or cultivation.

Things I don’t like at the moment traveling between points takes a lot of time. The monsters when pulled have a long range, but then you don’t get a silly amount of trash coming with them. I would prefer more order players and chat channels that I can at least choose to ignore/listen to. I would like more crafting professions. I also would like more MDPS for Order.

Things I look forward to are more raids, BGs, Dungeons and better crafting. I know the expansion should be coming out in a year. My continuation of the game will depend on how good of a social network and guild I can get/find.

I’m on the Anlec open rvr server on the Order side. I’ll be looking for a guild soon as I dislike soloing or pugging BG’s.

I still have a Witch Elf on Anlec, but the total lack of any social atmosphere and disgraceful state of Destruction PvP (what idiots) have led me to reroll with my guild on Darklands as an Archmage. Having a lot of fun healing and usually turn the tide in battles just because I heal. It’s so much fun. It is sad that Anlec is a ghostland, though.

Yes, the fixed IP does make a very big difference. It’s also great for me cos it has 3 IP addresses, for me, my wife and out xbox360.

You can now download a 10 day trial here: warhammeronline.com/trial/