Warm Water and Cancer

I know somewhere in here there is a similar thread…but I got one of these forwarded mails today…someone tell me why it is wrong…

[quote]For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you. It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion. Once this ‘sludge’ reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.
[/quote]

Because statistics does not bear it out.

1. Because I don’t consume oily stuff.

because it’s wrong.

snopes.com/medical/myths/coldwater.asp

Could you change the header into ‘Cold water and …’, it’s confusing :smiley:

we’re in temp…its not supposed to make sense

I’m afraid to get into the shower.

Get over it man. I only hid in there that one time, and I don’t even own those earrings any more.

Sigh…OK, but only because I’ve got work I should be doing…

Briefly, because its bollocks.

In more detail:-

“It will line the intestine.” If its been absorbed by the intestine its in the bloodstream and cannot “line the intestine” which implies its still in the lumen, outside the body.

“Very soon, this will turn into fats” What will turn into fats? “Oily stuff” if it means anything, means fat, so its already fat.

“and lead to cancer” There is an association between a high fat diet and some forms of cancer. Thats not the same as saying if you eat some fat you will “very soon” get cancer.

The main point is that cold water will have negligable influence on the absorption, and absolutely no effect on the chemical composition, of fat in the diet.