'Warmongers' have a point: It's a war

That’s uhm, how we got into this situation. You’re joking, right?[/quote]

How about trying to fight the source of the problem, not the symptoms.[/quote]

How?

Is Saudi Arabia too poor to give its people a proper education? Is it too poor to help its neighbors out of poverty?

Are ANY Muslim countries in the ME too poor to handle their own problems, or just unwilling?[/quote]

Well, that is the million dollar question, isn’t it?

I don’t think that bullets are the answer either. But what I do believe is that the above mentioned article is trying to give some suggestions.

And if you look at page 4, other more important people than me do think similarly. Is it really that difficult to download this paper?

Here for your convenience a link directly to the PDF.

oxfordresearchgroup.org.uk/p … hreats.pdf

If this were true, why haven’t we invaded Africa? Lots of oil in Angola. Or Venezuela for that matter? They have oil AND Chavez is a prick.

It’s about oil, politics, and freedom. Above that triangle there’s an all seeing eye, made of gold…and the lizard people will soon reward the worthy who are strong…

If this were true, why haven’t we invaded Africa? Lots of oil in Angola. Or Venezuela for that matter? They have oil AND Chavez is a prick.

It’s about oil, politics, and freedom. Above that triangle there’s an all seeing eye, made of gold…and the lizard people will soon reward the worthy who are strong…[/quote]

Well, you can’t invade all the people all the time! I’m sure Africa is on the list.

I read the goshdarned abstract. The assumption stated in the abstract is stupid and ignorant. I’ve already explained why it is so.

Oh, fer criminy’s sake. What the heck does that mean? :unamused:

Uh… I’ve been looking closely at this issue for quite some time. I think it entirely reasonable to dismiss idiotic assumptions that reveal an ignornace of the issue and history.

editted by mod caught between cylla and charibdis

This is either arrogance or ignorance.

WTF do you think the WOT is all about? Do you not understand that the military approach is but one of several approaches to trying to get to the source of the problem?

If you were being arrogant, then please identify the “source of the problem” and advise us as to how you think we should deal with it. :unamused:

The Brits did.

The Brits did.[/quote]

Then they gave it back and look what happened.

I read the goshdarned abstract. The assumption stated in the abstract is stupid and ignorant. I’ve already explained why it is so. [/quote]

Oh yeah, and you know it all. As I said, you got the absolute wrong ideas from the abstract, you have to at least look at the TOC to be able to comprehent what they are trying to tackle.

For this statement, you get my rolls too :unamused: See above.

[quote=“Tigerman”]

Uh… I’ve been looking closely at this issue for quite some time. I think it entirely reasonable to dismiss idiotic assumptions that reveal an ignornace of the issue and history.

editted by mod caught between cylla and charibdis
[/quote]

Look at you, all you can do it say how ignorant and stupid everything is that opposes your opinion, while being arrogant yourself, thinking you know it all. Of course, did not expected anything better. And all this is based just because you draw the wrong conclusions from a few lines of text.

Oh really? Important people like Niu Qiang, the Secretary General of the Chinese People’s Association for Peace and Disarmament? Here’s what Niu Qiang stated about the report:

What complete and utter horse shit.

And its very rich horse shit, too. I mean, that the Chinese even have an association seeking peace and disarmament strikes me as bizarre, given that the Chinese are the biggest arms supplier to the Sudan, and that Chinese arms supplied in Kenya, Nepal and other places help to ensure that strife there continues indefinitely.

The first step in the right direction out of this mess would be to stop lying to ourselves and others. Without that step it’s virtually hopeless.

The next step would be to get completely out of their countries, off their land, out of their business for the first time in forty years:

"It’s a sad day for democracy.
It’s another sad day for Iraq and the US.

After months of working on the grassroots level, collecting letters from US tax payers to their representatives in DC, and after months of sending thousands of hand-written letters and personal phone calls to DC, the Senate and House finally passed a bill banning any funds for permanent bases in Iraq.

I spent many nights running from door to door asking people to write letters to their house representatives and Senators. I collected 35 letters in one night in Berkeley. California Peace Action’s team alone collected hundreds of letters in the last couple of months. Other thousands of people across the US sent letters and called to support this bill.

and now after it passed in both the House and Senate, some Congressional Republicans just scratched it out!

The measure was passed by the House, the Pentagon would have been prohibited from using any of the funds for any military basing rights agreement with Iraq.

A similar amendment passed by the Senate said the Pentagon could not use the next round of war funding to “establish permanent United States military bases in Iraq, or to exercise United States control over the oil infrastructure or oil resources of Iraq.”

The Bush administration has said that it does not want to place any artificial timelines on a U.S. presence in Iraq and that it wants to begin withdrawing troops when Iraqi security forces are better able to protect their country. But it has not ruled out permanent bases.

Senate aides said Republican staffers removed the provisions from the bills before House and Senate negotiators convened this week in a late-night work session to write a compromise spending bill.

Rep. Jim Kolbe (R-Ariz.) opposed efforts to reinsert the language.

This is so fucking depressing.

What is the point of wasting all of that paper and time if a few republicans can just wipe out the will of the people with a stroke of a pen?"

– Raed in the Middle, the original Iraqi blogger

Nonsense. I never said I “know it all”. But, I did rebut their ridiculous assumption with facts. That’s all anyone can do when encountered with idiocy.

This is either arrogance or ignorance.

WTF do you think the WOT is all about? Do you not understand that the military approach is but one of several approaches to trying to get to the source of the problem?

If you were being arrogant, then please identify the “source of the problem” and advise us as to how you think we should deal with it. :unamused:[/quote]

Well, then what other approaches are there?

I am sure the source of the problem is not easy to identify and is manifold, as the above mentioned paper tries to point out. I am sure the truth will be very bitter for western society, which adds largely to making it difficult to identify. If one does not want to find something, they will never find it. If I would know the source, I would probably already be in Stockholm. But current western international policies are surely not the cure.

I wish politicians had to take the Hippocratic oath that the doctors do. ‘Do no harm’. Bush and company would have lost their license a long time ago.

If you are so utterly clueless as to what is being done in terms of policy implementation, then why are you even trying to discuss the problem? :unamused:

Physicians very frequently do harm in order to bring about a better condition.

Amputations are performed to save.

Oh really? Important people like Niu Qiang, the Secretary General of the Chinese People’s Association for Peace and Disarmament? Here’s what Niu Qiang stated about the report:

What complete and utter horse shit.

And its very rich horse shit, too. I mean, that the Chinese even have an association seeking peace and disarmament strikes me as bizarre, given that the Chinese are the biggest arms supplier to the Sudan, and that Chinese arms supplied in Kenya, Nepal and other places help to ensure that strife there continues indefinitely.[/quote]

Congratulations for being able to download the paper and for finding the only comment that is somewhat controversial. Great job! :bravo: :bravo:

Now please do us the favor and post the other comments.

Anyway, what have you done to solve the conflict? I am sure those well educated researchers probably know better what they are talking about then you, some poster on an internet forum.

If you are so utterly clueless as to what is being done in terms of policy implementation, then why are you even trying to discuss the problem? :unamused:[/quote]

Another very well done avoidance of the question from you.

Some may think the same about Bush’s speeches and his policies, so it’s a kind of moot to add such qualifiers. :wink:

Physicians very frequently do harm in order to bring about a better condition.

Amputations are performed to save.[/quote]

Try performing an amputation without the patient’s consent and see where that lands you.

Look gents, tone it the hell down. There is no reason why you can’t have this discussion in a civil manner.

jdsmith
IPcomod