Warner village cinema - Tienmou

Anyone heard when the cinema complex warner village in Tienmou might be opening ?

Last I heard the development had been postponed til they figured out what to do about the ( repeated / continuous ) flooding in the basement carpark.

Where is it actually? (Or where is it supposed to be?)

Was strolling around Tien Mou (Baseball stadium, Tien Mou East/West Road, Takashimaya) a week or two back and didn’t see it …

[quote=“scott02”]Last I heard the development had been postponed til they figured out what to do about the ( repeated / continuous ) flooding in the basement carpark.[/quote]Saw on the news that some company had pumped out lots of underground water in Tianmu, and the area sunk a few inches, making cracks that make it look like a large earthquake struck.

[quote=“Rascal”]Where is it actually? (Or where is it supposed to be?)

Was strolling around Tien Mou (Baseball stadium, Tien Mou East/West Road, Takashimaya) a week or two back and didn’t see it …[/quote]

Keep walking north from the ball field untill you get to Tianmu East road. It’s on the south west corner.

I heard they are waiting for some kind of climate change in the underworld before they finish it.

[quote=“Richardm”][quote=“Rascal”]Where is it actually? (Or where is it supposed to be?)

Was strolling around Tien Mou (Baseball stadium, Tien Mou East/West Road, Takashimaya) a week or two back and didn’t see it …[/quote]

Keep walking north from the ball field untill you get to Tianmu East road. It’s on the south west corner.

I heard they are waiting for some kind of climate change in the underworld before they finish it.[/quote]

Will the service be as horrendous as the service at the WV in Taipei? Ridiculous lines, poor signage, bad attitudes. Yuk.

I would love to hear the truth on this one too.
I have heard all sorts of rumours some of which sound pretty wild.
Most centre around the impact that digging the foundations have had
on destabilising the whole surrounding area. eg Jasper Villas , the high end appartment block next to the site has started to tilt & may have to be demolished etc. Also heard that the American School is moving out of the area (to Neihu) as thier ground is also unstable & the swimming pool could fall through to Argentina.
I hope the Taiwan Tourism board has locked onto this opportunity for promoting “the Leaning tower of Tienmu” , The “American School Crater”
etc.

Finally looks like the Warner Village complex in Tianmu is set to open next month !

Posters on the pillars - opening date May 28… a lot of activity going on in and around the place… looking forward to not having to go downtown to watch a movie.

[quote=“scott02”]Finally looks like the Warner Village complex in Tianmu is set to open next month !

Posters on the pillars - opening date May 28…[/quote]

Wow the same date as “The Day After Tomorrow” opening. Will probably be a rockin theater to check that movie out. Looks like I’m making a day trip to Tianmu :sunglasses:

I heard that Mitsukoshi will oversee the shopping side and they might have been the impetus to get it finally completed, not sure how that correlates with the stories about it sinking into the ground.

Somehow I heard it’s opening on April 17?

Say it’s so, we have been waiting for ever for it to open. Please say it’s true. Around Tienmu no one thought it would ever happen. If you have any new info please post!!!

My old apartment on the lane beside Mary’s Hamburgers in Tienmu has VERY strong tilt. Actually uncomfortable. Makes frying anything difficult because the oil in the frying pan settles on the side facing TAS. :astonished:

Who cares? I went to a Warner cinema once. Not only do they charge more than any other theater - they show you a good 15 minutes of advertisements before the picture.

They can bend down and kma.

Saw the sign on Warner Village today in Tien Mu, said it would open on May 28.

If you go upstairs in Mary’s you can notice the same phenomenon!

Is May 28 confirmed? Any news?

Umm…sorry, not confirmed. Went by there again and I think speeding by in a car, my wife misread things. We think they will actually open even earlier.

saw a poster for the rock’s movie walking tall, does this mean it is earlier than may?

Just saw it is open already. Opened April 30. Anyone see a movie there yet?

Saw Kill Bill II there last night with my better half. Some ticketing irregularities (they split our ticket up for no reason) but overall the facilities and theatres are pretty good, but were only 40% full.