WARNING: APRC Applications Now Require Appointments...in Level 2

I never had one.

What I’ve learned is that there appears to be no consensus on what the immigration centres want and your mileage may vary.

The government has a dossier on my complaints too and I was worried about the same thing. Fortunately they didn’t care.

Thass why I go through the unofficial channels and chat with the MP. Verbal and no trail.

I called the lady in Zhonghe today to make an appointment, can’t remember he surname right now, but I would highly recommend making one as she is the only one dealing with APRC applications, she’s extremely busy meaning we had slight difficultly finding an appointment time where she was available and if you make an appointment you don’t need to take a number and queue for a window, just turn up at the appointed time at the window stipulated. You could be lucky and turn up at a time she happens to be available, but why risk it?

1 Like

She already took the app and documents.

Did you just turn up or did you have a pre-arranged appointment?

I just turned up.

That’s why I made this topic.

OK, I guess you got lucky, I think it’s best to make an appointment to avoid disappointment.

1 Like

Has anyone received their new APRC card lately? When applying for my kid they asked for an extra 20 or 30 NT to cover registered post as they apparently no longer allow collection in person, however yesterday received a letter saying the application was approved and to call them to arrange a time to pick up the new card…Before going through the pain of calling them, do I have to or can I expect to receive the card by registered post in the next couple of days?

I got the same letter yesterday! I am gonna guess they changed their minds and now want to pick up.

Or they just have one template for approved ARC letter which they can not modify! :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m guessing this

I wished it was a bit happier than ‘Your application is in compliance of Article 25 of the Immigration Act’.

Where’s my congratulations?

I tell ya. I don’t get no respect.

7 Likes

Congratulations! :partying_face:

Enjoy the run around updating EVERYTHING!

3 Likes

I called. They said for me to continue waiting as it will be sent out to my house directly.

3 Likes

Just in time for the vouchers!

Congratulations Marco!!!

Guy

2 Likes

That was his plan all along! :thinking:

/jk

2 Likes

Still haven’t seen anything in the post, don’t know why they couldn’t have just put in it the envelope with the letter saying it was ready for collection…have you received your yet?

1 Like

Not yet, should be today I reckon. It’s been 4 weeks. I wonder if the $30 I paid was for the envelope saying it’s approved.

Still didn’t get my congrats from the government like they do in Canada. I told the MP.

rodney-dangerfield-get-no-respect

2 Likes