Warning: "Interface Global"

No, Global Sources is another publisher working in the same field. The biggest such company, in fact. Here is the text of their ad on Tealit:

[quote]Global Sources’ solutions are based on 32 years as a trade magazine publisher serving the global trade community, 12 years as a trade management software developer, and 7 years as an online marketplace operator. Now we are looking for a COPY WRITER(Taiwan, Hong Kong, Shenzhen)

Well folks it’s…my God…it’s more than four years on and finally I am getting my severance pay from Interface Global. According to the Labour Standards Law, they should pay me around NT$230,000 plus interest for the time spent on the case. The judge advised me to reach an out-of-court settlement with the employer by not asking for interest, to which I agreed. When our lawyers went to negotiate, Interfuck’s skinflint CEO Herbert Chen (Chen Qingfeng 陳清風) said he would only settle for NT$200,000 - the exact amount I offered to settle for before the case ever went to court. Maybe he can comfort himself that he has somehow “won” the case by not paying the interest and cutting a couple of tens of thousands of NT dollars off the amount legally due to me. My lawyer advised me to accept the offer because there are worries about the company getting asset-stripped (taokong), in which case I could end up with nothing. Tang Shu from the Labour Rights Associaton seconded the lawyer’s opinion, so I have agreed to settle for NT$200,000, to be paid in two installments by non-post-dated cheque. My mind will not be completely at rest until the money is in my bank account.

I hear a new company has been set up in the name of Chen’s son, that will probably mop up the profitable bits of Trade Winds/Interface Global when they again shut down the company and sack a load more employees. The original warning still stands that Interface Global or whatever its next incarnation is called is definitely the company to work for if you want to get shafted.

Let this be an encouragement to anyone who gets screwed by their employer. As you can see, the legal route is a long and arduous one. No wonder some people resort to the help of gangsters (I did have some offers!) Clearly the way to go is unionisation, and foreigners do have the right to join unions - so let’s do it!

4 years…Works out to 50K per year. That’s a very nice and long holiday on the beach somwhere. :slight_smile: Good for you. Often they win their cases because people just give up over time, years. Glad you got at least a part of what is yours.

bobepine

Well done, Juba. What a shower of bastards, eh? :wink:

Good for you. :notworthy: I put your achievement up there with getting cash out of my former boss. :smiley:

Good on you, Juba.

But are you footing your own legal costs, and if so, will you have much left from the 200k if you do ever receive it?

IQuote ! noticed an ad on this web site for an English editor to work for “Interface Global”. Consider this:

1. There is no such company as Interface Global. It has applied for registration but it is not registered yet.
    IunQuote !

Really. Must I go past this. Is one not enough haha, another little laugh.