Warning signs to look for in a man

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]"6)Clothes? T-shirts are fine, but if he is resistant to just having an ironed t-shirt
then…
5) Rabid about politics

What?..and t-shirts, if folded correctly, never require ironing…(proper clothes folding is a valuable skill)[/quote]

Okay the folded t-shirt arguement I can half-way buy.[/quote]Nama -
Yeah…other than those 2, I thinks its a pretty good check list.

Swiss women have successfully convinced a great deal of their men to pee sitting down!. I kid you not. I didn’t believe it until I quizzed a bunch of colleagues on this, and then found a survey on the net. Amazing. :astonished:
Think yourself lucky if your woman only asks you to put the seat back down!

I never understood or found any decent explanation for the seat thing. Thank god I’ll never have to deal with that, anyway.

Well now sitting on a toilet to pee if you are a man, with a little dick, makes some sense.

Australia’s most famous sit down man pee-er is Dr Karl. I recall he justified this un-manly behavious by something about the dynamics of the flow and how it is impossibe to get all the pee in the bowl from the height. Of course, if you’re like me and unfurl your member so it’s just hanging above/lapping at the water in the bowl, well you don’t have a problem.

HG

You kneel to pee? That’s a new and previously undocumented style I think. :astonished:

one of the advantages of taiwanese toilet arrangements is that if you get more than a reasonable amount of stray flow you can easily clean out the whole area with the nearby shower head. maybe that’s why this seat down up issue has never come up for me.

[quote=“Jack Burton”]

1. I should rephrase my comment. The only people who use “self-actualization” are people who read self-help books. This tells me the person who says this type of stuff is not herself self-actualized since she’s reliant on self-help books.

That said, I do agree with your notion that an individual should be independent thinking and not beholden to others like his parents (not overly so that is)[/quote]

Rephrase your comment again. I use self-actualization because I think that it’s a fitting word for what I’m trying to define. I notice you keep referring to the author as female. For all you know it could have been a guy. :wink: Anyway, yea, so a person who is 'self acutalized" is now reliant on self-help books? No those “types” of females are looking for “sensitive” men who are “in touch” with their feelings. :unamused:

[quote]
2. My gf shouldn’t be telling me which one of my friends is a “boy” and which one is “acceptable.” I certainly don’t have them saying bitch around my gf, but it doesn’t say a lot about me that my friends use such terms. They don’t have to be like me or vice versa for me to like them. That’s the beauty of friendship. They don’t have to be on the same moral compass (and vice versa within reasonable bounds - ie I don’t associate with murderers and rapists) for me to be friends. I have friends who do drugs, are alcoholics, and womanizers, but that doesn’t make me one. This is something an insecure person does not undertand and fears.

That said, one should be intelligent about who one makes friends with.[/quote] Touchy Touch here , are we? Who said anything about a gf telling her man anything. Reread what was written. Any man who refers to his friends as “boys” is a bit of a indication of something. At what point in one’s life do you stop refering to people,places and things with language that is childhood based? If never, then what was the point in going to college? :laughing:

[quote]
I merely say, use the hand that you were born with. It’s simple. Enough said.
[/quote] You must hear that from alot of gfs after they tire of telling you to put the seat down. :laughing:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]"6)Clothes? T-shirts are fine, but if he is resistant to just having an ironed t-shirt
then…
5) Rabid about politics

What?..and t-shirts, if folded correctly, never require ironing…(proper clothes folding is a valuable skill)[/quote]

Okay the folded t-shirt arguement I can half-way buy.[/quote]Nama -
Yeah…other than those 2, I thinks its a pretty good check list.[/quote]

Well thanks.

I still wouldn’t want to date a guy who is rabid about politics. Well-informed, yes.

Nama -

Good point. Agree with that. “Rabid” does have a lot of negative connotations attached to it.

List is about right, Nama.

I find it somewhat amusing that some people here are going ape over the toilet seat. There is a joke I recall from a long time ago. Something about a fellow writing in a bathroom stall “U R Ghey.” Then, a month later he happens to be in the same area and needs to use that bathroom again, only to find all the space in the stall used up by some other fellow writing about him being wrong and that this fellow is really not gay.

I personally just don’t want to touch the underside of the toilet seat cause it can be yucky sometimes.

It has more potential for coming into contact with undesirable material(splashing, dribbling, etc.) than the top, so…I’d just rather not touch it if I don’t have to.

About the falling in the toilet thing, it depends on how the person grew up. In my house, the toilet seat was always down, so sometimes I forget to check when I’m not fully conscious and end up sitting on the nekkid toilet. And it’s yucky(for the reason mentioned above).

I’ll say it before THEY do :laughing: Use toilet paper. :laughing:

24)Doesn’t laugh at “Waiting for Guffman”

Nama, look what you’ve done. You forgot to use the JOKE ALERT icon and now it’s turned into a ‘serious discussion’.

mullets

mullets are most definitely a warning sign.

Well, I do think that people who walk into relationships with absolutes and lists will lose out. Relationships and friendships are about compromise.

good luck with the list.

1. A swastika tattooed on or scraped into his forehead.

Yeah, same here (this man doesn’t want to touch it either), so why is it that women think that the man is the one who should have to touch it to raise it when needed? Why shouldn’t women touch it to lower it when needed? Very selfish and unreasonable. This ‘default position of down’ is unfair. Move it however you need it at the time, and don’t make selfish demands on the other person.

The reason I leave the seat down is not that I think that’s a reasonable default. It’s because many women, my wife included, prefer it that way, and it’s not a big deal to me. I leave it down to make her happy (plus keeping it and the lid down keeps the cats out). On some other issues, I have a preference, and she does it to make me happy. Normal, healthy give and take in a relationship. :idunno:

Did you ever consider that perhaps you’re a wee bit too picky?

Who?

Just get an apartment with two bathrooms, problem solved.