Was i gven a bad email address

I met a a girl from Taiwan who was in the Disney college program in Florida. She seemed like a very nice girl. The day before she went back home I asked for her email address so I could keep in touch. She gave me one but I email her and am not getting a reply. I do not even get a notice that the email can’t be delivered. I am emailin from the US . Is there a special way I should be sending an email to Taiwan.

Thanks, PatM :s

No, there’s no “special way” to send an email to Taiwan. Most likely, your email went through to her account. As for why no reply, who knows. Maybe she’s just busy at the moment, or maybe she doesn’t feel like replying. It could also be that the email was automatically filtered out by the Hotmail spam filter.

But you should really delete the email address from your post here. It’s not good to post people’s addresses on a public forum. They’ll receive lots more spam emails that way.

oooooh you joined just to ask us? awwwwwww. Maybe we should all email her and see if anyone gets a reply… :laughing: Good luck.

A girl from some Mickey Mouse college gave you one and then dumped you. That’s what youth is all about.

Now now, don’t shit on his plate. I’m sure she is just unaware that his e-mail is sat waiting for her perusal.

Good Lordy. Taiwanese chicks used to give out fake fone numbers and now its fake emails?? HAha. Well if she aint answered your email it could be that she doesnt want to? Its not a fake email if it doesnt bounce back. Try sending her one from outlook express that requests return receipt of it being read. At least it can tell you shes seen your email.

Fake in what sense? If it is “fake” in the sense that she does not even see the emails sent to the “fake” address, there’s a whole variety of options out there for “fake” email addresses including some which do not result in bounce backs being sent. (I’ve actually used some of those myself to deal with nosy people or organizations.)

Some mail clients can be set to ignore those “return receipts” requests. Mine is set to ignore.

Suffice to say that if your girl has the same m.o. as lemur you are out of luck bud. Best to go back on the prowl. Better luck next time.

I just give girls my tel number and if they dont call? Well they dont call. Same with email, I give them mine, this way they can email me if they wanna. IF not? Nothing there anyhows.

[quote=“tommy525”]Suffice to say that if your girl has the same m.o. as lemur you are out of luck bud. Best to go back on the prowl. Better luck next time.

I just give girls my tel number and if they dont call? Well they dont call. Same with email, I give them mine, this way they can email me if they wanna. IF not? Nothing there anyhows.[/quote]

Good advice for the next time. In the meantime if she answers she answers if not no great loss. I guess I’m more curious regarding the psychology behind her actions which as of now I won’t know.

Girls/women - whatever! - do things if it makes them feel good in the moment, later on when that good feeling has evaporated, they don’t feel obliged to follow through - unless they have an ulterior motive.

They don’t necessarily feel the need to honor a commitment or a promise as men do - unless a strong emotional connection has been established, which has the effect of conjuring up those good feelings.

When someone asks them for their phone number or email, it makes them feel good, it boosts their ego, it validates them as being desirable. Also, sometimes it’s the easiest way of getting shot of someone - they may still like you as a person, fun, funny, kind, useful for the moment etc but are not necessarily interested in you romantically.

Which one is easier, getting into a discussion with someone you are not interested in romantically to explain why and become uncomfortable, or spending 5 seconds to write down an email address, which later has the effect of boosting your ego when you receive an email?

Let’s just accept it guys, they are a lot smarter than us in this respect, have had a lot more practice in appearing sincerely interested with the smallest of efforts.

The smart thing to do is to understand their nature/psychology/motivations and turn it to our advantage…and never ever get hung up on why some girl did not reply to your email, that’s just needy behavior. Cheers.

Remember Taiwanese girls dont like to say NO. So they say MAYBE. But MAYBE means NO. And YES means MAYBE. :slight_smile: -from tommys guide to understanding Taiwanese chicks.

And of course if you ask for their fone number you are likely to get a wrong number rather then having them say they wont give you one. One of the digits will be wrong, this way they can always say they made an honest mistake.

p.s. Oh and NO actually means YES but only if you didnt ask her in the first place :slight_smile:

You should be looking for a girl who wants your email address. :wink:

But which digit could it be?

But which digit could it be?[/quote]

Thats the six million dollar question. Which of the digits is the wrong one? Thats to prevent you from dialing it by accident. If the girl kinda wants you to get ahold of her she may have just the last digit be off, but who knows.

Girls that really want you to call, get out a namecard or a piece of paper and write down their name and tel number on it (like the last girl I met in Taiwan did before I left). Those girls want you to call.

But most girls who are unsure , will ask for your number and give YOU one with one digit off, this way they can keep you at arms length but check you out politely. They will perhaps call you with some innocent excuse and then go out with you and check you out ,and when the subject of her number comes up, she can say “oh you wrote down the wrong number” etc.

Best thing is, for email addresses and phone numbers, is just to give her/them yours, and do not ask for theirs. You could say (next time) something like “keep in touch if you wish”, or, “phone/email if you want”, and appear unconcerned. That way you do not waste time unnecessarily.
But for this one, just send her a short mail saying that you were sorry to bother her (depending on how many you have sent) and that you must have misunderstood, and will not be writing again. If you have really got the hots for her, it is difficult to give further advice without knowing more about your and her circumstances. I hope that you sent her an electronic Chinese New Year card. Tell her that you have a big ang pau/hong bau for her and ask where to send it. That usually gets their attention. Good luck.

[quote=“economy ah”]Best thing is, for email addresses and phone numbers, is just to give her/them yours, and do not ask for theirs. You could say (next time) something like “keep in touch if you wish”, or, “phone/email if you want”, and appear unconcerned. That way you do not waste time unnecessarily.
But for this one, just send her a short mail saying that you were sorry to bother her (depending on how many you have sent) and that you must have misunderstood, and will not be writing again. If you have really got the hots for her, it is difficult to give further advice without knowing more about your and her circumstances. I hope that you sent her an electronic Chinese New Year card. Tell her that you have a big ang pau/hong bau for her and ask where to send it. That usually gets their attention. Good luck.[/quote]

Or who gives a shit?

[quote=“M0NSTER”][quote=“economy ah”]Best thing is, for email addresses and phone numbers, is just to give her/them yours, and do not ask for theirs. You could say (next time) something like “keep in touch if you wish”, or, “phone/email if you want”, and appear unconcerned. That way you do not waste time unnecessarily.
But for this one, just send her a short mail saying that you were sorry to bother her (depending on how many you have sent) and that you must have misunderstood, and will not be writing again. If you have really got the hots for her, it is difficult to give further advice without knowing more about your and her circumstances. I hope that you sent her an electronic Chinese New Year card. Tell her that you have a big ang pau/hong bau for her and ask where to send it. That usually gets their attention. Good luck.[/quote]

Or who gives a shit?[/quote]
I thought that too. It all seems rather feeble. I guess I was bored.