Was Journey huge?

I caught the end of Journey’s peak. Best hits and World premier Videos on MTV. That kind of thing.

But just heard them do Faithfully in the shower*. Loud. Sounded great.

Not stadium crowds, but I think they did a stadium tour at some point b4 my time.

*Me, not them or me and them and not a person named Faith. harharhar

Like many mediocre artists, they werre pretty big in their time.

Journey, Foreigner and Europe.
Planning their megatour in the Philippines as we speak.

3 Likes

I think a repost is in order.

7 Likes

Jesus, @finley, now you’ve given me a grotesque earworm! :rage:

3 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

When I was growing up, they were massive. White South Africans had a penchant for soft rock and AOR.
Journey, Asia, Boston, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Chicago, Toto, Dr Hook, Bryan Adams, etc.

4 Likes

Totally didn’t know TOTO was performing in TAipei till too late to get tickets. Then totally pissed off that they performed at the FARMHOUSE after their show and i missed that too.

double dang

Lucky you.

2 Likes

Well I didn’t really missed NOT going to Air Supply the few times they came round to Taipei. NOt that I don’t like them, but not enough to attend a concert

1 Like

throwing in a Bryan Adams fav of mine.

2 Likes

Of all that dreck, I like Bryan Adams the most.

2 Likes

Air Supply have done Taiwan so many times. Why are they so popular here?

EDIT: They first did a gig here in '83. That’s why they’re popular.

Journey was huge in the Midwest when I was growing up. They had the formula down: love songs for the girls, hard rock for the boys, long hair, high voices. It was about this time I was getting into Zeppelin. I guess I wasn’t a total idiot in my youth.

2 Likes

soapy , easy to understand lyrics, easy listening. they were pretty good just over exposed.

They are wank

2 Likes

Journey was really all about Steve Perry. They they were able to replace him with a philippino who sang pretty much the same.

1 Like

Yeah, even if one doesn’t like Journey, I don’t think it’s fair to describe Steve Perry as mediocre. He had a pretty unique voice.

1 Like

Who said he was mediocre ?

top the thread.