Was Journey huge?

That’s odd. That music was 10-20 years old by then.

1 Like

I remember in the late 80s when a couple of high school students walked into a record shop in Kaohsiung and asked Jeff, the owner (who was a music nut- rock, blues, jazz) if he had any Air Supply. The bewildered girls got a tirade about never asking for such trash in his store again, and a list of music to listen to before they came back (not that they would).

( He later opened The Basement, the first decent pub in Kaohsiung.)

2 Likes

Remind me (kind of) when my brother and I went to a Japanese restaurant in the hotel he was staying at in Taipei. He asked what kind of beer they had and when they answered Heineken, my brother kind of went off on the guy and we walked out. Felt bad for him. My brother probably would’ve lost it if we sat down and they started playing Journey (trying make this post relevant).

1 Like

“Separate Ways” has a banging intro, especially the bit in the film Tron Legacy when he powers up the old arcade

1 Like

Wasn’t it more about Destination?

1 Like

Songbird, the Eva Cassidy version.

Let me know how you get on :joy:

I’d rather listen to the pussyfarts of Jiang Qing than Bryan Adams or Journey

For me, some things are about individual songs, and have to do with time, place, people, emotions, etc. I see by the YouTube video that “Lights” came out in 1978. I don’t think I noticed it when it came out. But I associate the song with 1981 and 1982, and with the phase of life I was in, and with where I was, and with what I was doing, and with people, and so on. So the song gives me certain feelings, and sometimes certain thoughts–they’re not as strong as they used to be, but they’re still there.

1 Like