Watching sports is safer in Taiwan

Theres been many cases here where fans leaving a game, be it baseball or football and getting into scraps with others. Possibly because they angered someone else during the game or got a bit too heated in their support. Or because games just get people riled up and they become mean.

Had a famous case of a guy viciously beaten up after a baseball game in SAn Francisco. Hes never going to be “ok” anymore. The perps were caught IIRC and will serve a long time in prison.

HEres a case that just happened. Two men leaving a game get a whole bucket of bullets driving home after a game in Oakland.

Some people are armed and go to these games armed. And they get riled up and nothing good happens.

dont know the whole story yet, but these two are dead and that is for sure.

have to wholesale that porsche too

sfgate.com/crime/article/2-l … 525591.php

“slightly used, a few extra holes”

A lot of sports fans are rabid morons who get really drunk before and during the game.

A lot of big cities in The US are violent.

Nothing much of a surprise here.

Ever been to Europe, tommy?

not to a game, but i am for sure just going to watch it at home, on the telly.

Its just crazy out there !!

Exactly: This is a video of a Manchester City supporter,after Wigan beat them in the FA cup Final recently. Shows the character of some supporters (but not all ,I might add) It would be funny in how some view a Football match result…unfortunately it shows there are complete idiots supporting Sports of all genres.
Sort of amusing !! :whistle:

there used to be a lot more violence at the TW baseball games. Fans of the Brothers Elephants and Wei Chuan Dragons used to fight each other once in a while. Fans sometimes woud tear up the stadium chairs for rain delays or other issues that forces the game to be postponed. Once in a while fans would throw things at the club bus. But the last fighting I remember took place more than 10 years ago, some Brothers Elephant fans beat up a girl Macoto Suns fan. The last tearing up stadium is probably more than 20 years ago. The last throwing things at the club bus was a bit more recent, maybe 2008? But they were throwing plastic cheering horns, so… no damage done…

Behaviour like this is to be found in all sports. I went to a county cricket match once where I overheard one supporter cheering at a wicket instead of giving appropriately restrained applause. Most uncivil.

yes, how dare people make sound with their mouths!

Frightfully bad form. Behaviour like this should ,simply,not be tolerated . If you let this sort of thing get out of control,you will end up with the crowd singing songs and having a generally good time. That is not Cricket. :unamused:

Exactly: This is a video of a Manchester City supporter,after Wigan beat them in the FA cup Final recently. Shows the character of some supporters (but not all ,I might add) It would be funny in how some view a Football match result…unfortunately it shows there are complete idiots supporting Sports of all genres.

[/quote]

What the hell language is he yelling? Welsh? Flemish?

[/quote]

What the hell language is he yelling? Welsh? Flemish?[/quote]
This language is called Manchestoor. A common dialect from the City of Manchester. Superking will enlighten you on the virtues of the North/South divide in the UK :wink:

This video was posted to me a while back and I tend to agree with some of it regarding sports and their fans.

In Phoenix, this happens a lot after Suns games. I can only surmise that people who dedicate themselves fanatically to sports teams have no personal merits of their own upon which to fasten some sense of self-worth.

Watching me is safer if you climb up a Tree :whistle: I know that they spelled Subaru incorrectly.(or spelt, if you prefer.)

Big Games, Big Issues
Jozy Altidore’s Soccer Challenges Include Racism
nytimes.com/2013/06/07/sport … ports&_r=0

Jozy is an second generation Haitian American soccer player who currently plays for team USA, the Dutch League team AZ and planing to move to the Italian A league. This interviewer talked about racism in European soccer.

I am frankly a bit amazed. I knew soccer fans aren’t the most sophisticated bunch (nothing against soccer or its fans, but all the fan riots leaves such impression), and I know racism exists in Europe, but I just thought soccer is a very international sport, so maybe soccer fans wouldn’t be so racist.

But I guess not only are many of them racist, they are pretty loud and clear about it too…

I don’t believe I’ve heard racist remarks towards black athletes (baseball players) in Taiwan… not from the fans anyway. Racist chants is out of the question.