Watching the events from the US

In the US, we have a legal system of Innocent until proven guilty. It doesn’t mean people still do not accuse based on little evidence…but for leaders of parties to do this…seems irresponsible.

Anyway, does anyone think when the facts come out that most all evidence does not support conspiracy theories that anyone will still believe them?

WIll anyone ever apologize for accusing so irrationally with out evidence? (Like sisy chen?)

Just curious…

[quote=“IamtheWalrus”]Anyway, does anyone think when the facts come out that most all evidence does not support conspiracy theories that anyone will still believe them?

WIll anyone ever apologize for accusing so irrationally with out evidence? (Like sisy chen?)

Just curious…[/quote]

Doubtful… they’ll probably just move right on to the next scandal/rumor. Sad but that’s how things seem to work here. :unamused:

I think this is more like the JFK shooting. People believe what they want, and tune out evidence that doesn’t agree with them. I don’t think very many Taiwanese are going to change their opinions.

Doesn’t mean either that people aren’t locked up without being charged for months if not years.
This is not an anti-American sentiment but a statement of fact.

That said name one country where politicians are beyond questioning, honest and keep their promises made before the elections.
If you ask me they should be held responsible if they can’t fullfill those for example. The same should apply for accusations made that are unfounded, false or blatant lies etc.

To make this thread more salient, I’d like to hear the input from those outside Taiwan. What information are you getting? How detailed and reliable does it appear?
I saw some pan-blue protesters in the US. How does that go down? Does anyone give a shit?

Only in the Chinese Community or Taiwanese Community do people even care.

Other than that Taiwan get the like the page 40 of the papers in the USA. If ROC screws up Walmart performance. All hell is going to break lose and USA will pre-emptive invade ROC for terrorizing the PRC.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Only in the Chinese Community or Taiwanese Community do people even care.
[/quote]

Only because the rest don’t even know where Taiwan is, much less understand the relationship between the two. Of course this could all change as fast as you can say ‘Baghdad’.

Are you suggestion that pan-green supporter should ram a plane into the Sears tower. Then claim they have WMD stashed in every KTV establishment on the Island.

Yeah it could work.