Watching U.S. Election Results

Just wondering whether anyone has any suggestions for websites to watch the U.S. election results in Taiwan? I’m thinking of some election night show, in English, to dip into throughout the day as results start coming in, which seems to be around Wednesday morning Taiwan time (right?).

Ideally with some humor and commentary - Stephen Colbert or someone like that. Streaming to a computer would be good (I’m not really familiar with those sites besides YouTube), although I could always try cranking up the Chunghwa Telecom MOD box I pay for each month but never use if that’s better.

Alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol. Hard alcohol.

5 Likes

This should satisfy both of yous

3 Likes

Good point! I’m not much of a daytime drinker, but might pick up a couple of six packs of Red Horse from Carrefour on the way home!

2 Likes

Oh that’s good! I’m not sure I’ll make it to Brass Monkey at 8 a.m., but I might try to pop along a little later!

But what happens if the Pour Boys show up?

2 Likes

November 3 calls for a Murican beer. Or Corona.

:bowing:

You might be right - it is a little early to be drinking actual beer. Should perhaps stick to the soft drinks…

It’s never too early for hard liquor on election day. Make Alcoholism Great Again.

2 Likes

The Daily Show with Trevor Noah seems to be planning a live stream on YouTube. Might be more socially acceptable than drinking booze at the Brass Monkey at 8a.m.

1 Like

I like that you give yourself an option there. Respect.

1 Like

I won’t be able to day drink until 5:20pm. So…not much of an option for me. (Unless I don’t want my job anymore, which is a nice job. A job I like. Not one to lose to this historic event)

Alrighty, election day is on us. Advanced notice this is not the place for meltdowns, there is always winners and losers in elections and there will be another election in another 4 years. People who find themselves on the losing team and come on here to hurl obscenities’ at the opposing sides supporters will find their posts removed.

Whoever wins the world will carry on and there is nothing any of us on this little island can do about it, so relax, don’t get too stressed.

8 Likes

So…up until now…:wink:

Day drinking isn’t ordinarily my preferred activity either, and Brass Monkey isn’t ordinarily my preferred place (although I’ve only been there once since Alex took over)…but then again, I don’t have anything urgent planned for tomorrow so might head along for lunch or something.

Is gloating allowed? Asking for a friend.

4 Likes

You have friends who are voting for Biden? That’s a pleasant surprise! :blush: :grin:

It’s fun that you haven’t conceded. Makes it more interesting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know a lot of Democrats…and some of them are voting for Biden. :sunglasses:

2 Likes