Water Pressure / Hot Water Problems - Help!

The ones I have seen are 220. So you’d need to have someone run new wires probably. i guess there must be shops where you can get one guy to do both the plumbing and electrical done.[/quote]

I’ve got a USA made craftmaster 220v unit of 200 litres. They installed it and I think it was around nt15,000[/quote]

I’ve seen the reservoir type before also.Cost more but I guess then you have ultimate temperature control and probably save on electricty costs also. Not really sure if there is any other difference between that and the type that heat the water as it goes through .

[quote=“Hongda”]

I’ve seen the reservoir type before also.Cost more but I guess then you have ultimate temperature control and probably save on electricty costs also. Not really sure if there is any other difference between that and the type that heat the water as it goes through .[/quote]The reservoir type are the best for temperature control, but they cost more electricity because the water is heated 24/7.

Unscrew the end of the faucet, right where the water comes out. There should be a little filter thingey inside. Clean it out. When it gets too clogged up you get low water pressure which results in the gas heater not being able to stay lit to provide a steady stream of water.

Almost invariably it is pressure related and this could be the answer.

I have a similar problem. Suddently no hot water at all. Have changed the battery, removed and cleaned the filter in the faucet, increased and decreased the water pressure, increased and decreased the gas. Doesn’t help a bit…Any tips?

Well, I finally took my bi-annual shower last week, and it was actually Muzha Man’s suggestion that seemed to do the job, plus changing the battery, according to the engineer’s suggestion, to one with a raised dot on the nipple end. :astonished:

All is hot and free-flowing right now, but I’ve also been advised to get the pipes cleaned out, too, just to make things even better.

ailixin, make sure you got exactly the same battery as was in it previously - our heating engineer was convinced this was the main problem for us.

Often the turining off of the hot water is due to (as many have suggested) hot water flow being too low for the unit. If you have one with that can adjust the activation flow level, adjsut it to the most sensitive level. When showering turn on the hot water in the sink. This will ensure enough hot water flow when you set the shower to a medium cold setting.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]You kids are spoiled. Back in the days, when dinosaurs and pirates roamed Taiwan, we only had a pink plastic stool and a kettle to bathe with.

From my experience with those water heaters sometimes the thing won’t work at the lowest heat setting. If that is the case, you may need to swap out the spark plug, or whatever is making that clik clik noise to light the gas.[/quote]

haha this dinosaur remembers THOSE days :slight_smile:

still, working the average taiwanese gas water heater takes almost a PHD and many a times running out of the bathroom with just a towel (usuallly in the middle of winter and when its raining on the balcony where the heater is) to adjust this and that.

my solution? always make sure the battery is new every few months. And replace the water heater every 2 years. :slight_smile:

they are only bout 5000nt or so? get a new one. and forget bout it. They only really have a 2 year life it seems?

eventually i just got one of those instant electric ones and it actually works (cept for the times in deep winter when you are all soaped up and the power fails tho)

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“ac_dropout”]You kids are spoiled. Back in the days, when dinosaurs and pirates roamed Taiwan, we only had a pink plastic stool and a kettle to bathe with.

From my experience with those water heaters sometimes the thing won’t work at the lowest heat setting. If that is the case, you may need to swap out the spark plug, or whatever is making that clik clik noise to light the gas.[/quote][/quote]

Some of us still have to use the kettle & bucket when visiting ‘mom’ - and I especially appreciate the handkerchief sized towel.

[quote=“Elegua”][quote=“tommy525”][quote=“ac_dropout”]You kids are spoiled. Back in the days, when dinosaurs and pirates roamed Taiwan, we only had a pink plastic stool and a kettle to bathe with.

From my experience with those water heaters sometimes the thing won’t work at the lowest heat setting. If that is the case, you may need to swap out the spark plug, or whatever is making that clik clik noise to light the gas.[/quote]

Some of us still have to use the kettle & bucket when visiting ‘mom’ - and I especially appreciate the handkerchief sized towel.[/quote][/quote]
You too, huh? Semi-outdoor privy? And Chinese New Year is sometimes COLD! Thank Christ for short-stay love motels!