Water rationing 2021

Just piss outside.

,Inconvenient. Might be illegal. Barbarian foreigner confirmation.

2 Likes
1 Like

Sun Moon Desert. Wow, that is incredible. My wife says that people picked up all the garbage that had accumulated on the lake bed. Found am iphone in a case…still worked. ha

2 Likes

Plus Winze On The Willie

More international attention on the drought

Perceptive quote

Lee Hong-yuan, a hydraulic engineering professor who previously served as Taiwan’s interior minister, also blames a bureaucratic morass that makes it hard to build new wastewater recycling plants and to modernize the pipeline network.

“Other small countries are all extremely flexible,” Mr. Lee said, but “we have a big country’s operating logic.” He believes this is because Taiwan’s government was set up decades ago, after the Chinese civil war, with the goal of ruling the whole of China. It has since shed that ambition, but not the bureaucracy.

Nice pics too

They might regret that. You can’t eat chips…

1 Like

Wow. Been there a few times over the last couple decades.
The last time about 7 years ago.
On south part of lake, but since built up into a spot with all kinds of eating and drinking places.
Wouldn’t be surprised if some Taiwanese business suddenly opened up with riding ATVs on the lake bed. There’s a business for everything, even in a drought with a dry lake bed.
Nice to hear they cleaned it up of trash. What a lucky find on the iPhone.
Wonder if they tried to return to original owner, like typical Taiwanese try to do.

Link says so

They shut down all water stations in the city that are grid connected in Taichung now. What a whack move. I mean filtered water is not something that people are gonna waste.

Otherwise besides some restaurants closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays I haven’t noticed the slightest difference. All newer condomniums seem to survive just fine without water for 2 days…

21,000 cubic meters per day.
I might hazard a guess this might only be good for 2-4x that number of people?

Not water rationing, but water will be cut off in Nantou on 5/20 9am to 4pm due to construction.

1 Like

Looks like Hsinchu might start stopping water for 2 days too at the rate things are going, starting next month.

1 Like

Ouch. Long hot smelly powerless blackout quarantined summer may be ahead.

Somebody with a monkey’s paw is regretting their wish to spend more time with their family.

3 Likes

Mhh, seems like the rain these days has had almost no impact on the reservoir levels if I understand these right? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

No idea how it works. Could be raining cats and dogs where you can see but never seems to rain where the reservoirs are. Wonder why. Seems the only way to guarantee high reservoir level is to have a huge, island wide storm system like a typhoon. And even that’s not a given.

1 Like

Any summaries in English for those who do not read Chinese?