Water rationing is confusing me

so i thought i got the hang of the water rationing thing around my part of taipei. they moved to 1 day a week(monday in my area). thought i got a hang of it then this morning i had water. was nice but now i’m worried because i don’t know when the water is supposed to shut off. i talked to my landlord and she said that it had something to do with the entrance tests and that water would be turned off 4pm to 4am. well, it’s 12am right now and i STILL have water. is there a website anywhere that lays out what’s going on in english? anyone else live in the area who can explain what’s going on? i’m going to fill my bathtub tonight just in case, but i’d rather find out when i need to do this so as not to waste water.

Hi,
Found the English site (I knew I had seen one before):

http://www.twd.gov.tw/english/index.htm

Sounds like you, like me, live in Zone 1…??

Maybe your water tower was pretty full and that’s why you didn’t notice the cut. My landlord here says that “we never notice the cuts” in our building, and so far it seems to be true.

HTH
Terry

thanks for the link, terry. we don’t have a water tower and i’ve always experienced all the shortages before. what’s confusing me now is the weird schedule this week. we had some strange note posted on our door which i can only assume was notification of what was happening this week, but it didn’t include any dates or times so i can only guess.

like i said, my landlord told me the college entrance exams screwed the schedule up this week, so i’m all confused. she said it was on the local news, but i can’t watch the news because of my limited mandarin skills. i guess i’m just going to keep filling my tub at night these next few days until i can figure out what’s going on.

You mean that blue piece of paper on everybody’s door or wall? I didn’t even bother to read it because we seem to have a really healthy water tower in my building. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they suspended rationing for the college exams or something like that. Anything that would give one area or zone a disadvantage would probably cause huge problems with that!

I’ll see if I can find the notice on the street today and actually read it. (I’m sure it’ll be really enlightening…NOT!) Anyway we’ll give it a shot.

Terry

During the school holidays the rationing is from 4pm to 4am, half the time of the previous rationing. Everyone is still on 5 day rotations in the Taipei district.

An engineeer told me that the main saving from cutting off the water is that the leaks from the supply pipes stop.

Most buildings have enough water in their tank (tower) for a day

i’m in zone 1, but the crappy old government housing that i live in not only doesn’t have a water tower. the rusty paper pipes busted because when water was cut off the first time they were able to collapse and i was without for an entire week. now i’m on to the monday rotation, but this week it seemed my water was never cut off. when is this rationing supposed to end anyway?

quote:
Originally posted by Mack Rebenack: i'm in zone 1, but the crappy old government housing that i live in not only doesn't have a water tower. the rusty paper pipes busted because when water was cut off the first time they were able to collapse and i was without for an entire week. now i'm on to the monday rotation, but this week it seemed my water was never cut off. when is this rationing supposed to end anyway?

Until you guys get more water. Duh.