Water Seepage in Apartment

Hi I am new to this posting for health and legal information. Your answers much appreciated.

Recently, my ground floor apartment has had dirty water seeping up through the tiles in the hallway. There are a couple of small puddles that are about thirty cm diameter and other smaller spots all through the hall. I can mop them, but they constantly return. The water stinks. The landlord has been and promises to fix it. We live next to a mountain and it was explained that the water run off through the correct drains has been blocked which has caused overflow.

My questions are these: 1. I have two small kids (4 months, 2.5years). Should I have health concerns? Could this water be carrying bacteria and or diseases? Should we move out until it is fixed? If so, what is the landlord’s legal obligation (eg help us find a place, waive rent, etc)

Your advice is much appreciated!

Yes

Yes[quote=“Deedee, post:1, topic:160949”]
Should we move out
[/quote]

Yes[quote=“Deedee, post:1, topic:160949”]
If so, what is the landlord’s legal obligation (eg help us find a place, waive rent, etc)
[/quote]

Depends on your landlord, but I suggest just getting your deposit back and moving, from what you describe it’s unlikely to be something that will be fixed.

Thanks for that. I will look into all angles. Family’s health is obviously number one concern.