WC 2006 poll

Gawd I had no idea. But it definitely buggers the question, or something, why all the wogs and no poms? Do they have some requirement about showering in Australian soccer teams? That’d keep the poms out for sure.

We should change the name of the team to the Wogeroos. :laughing:

HG

I wonder how people vote in this pole? Are you just voting for your own country (which it seems like) or are you voting for “who’s going to win the WC 2006?”
Togo, Ghana? come on!!! It looks to me like this is the answer for a poll “which country are you from?”
If you are a soccer fan, be a bit more realistic in your vote!

I am that is why Switzerland has a vote there!

[quote=“igorveni”]I wonder how people vote in this pole? Are you just voting for your own country (which it seems like) or are you voting for “who’s going to win the WC 2006?”
Togo, Ghana? come on!!! It looks to me like this is the answer for a poll “which country are you from?”
If you are a soccer fan, be a bit more realistic in your vote![/quote]

Not right. A lot of Americans did not voted on their country. Same for UK guys…
Guess majority thinks straight, but you can not suspend patriotism (another tread)
For once, you will all be proud being where evr you conme from no? :blush:

I voted Togo. It is a 250 against 1 odd and I could become RICH, stinky RICH if they win.
Hoeala makeke abanie- awoo (etc) !! (their national hymn) :smiley:

You are what? From Switzerland or being realistic?
Don’t answer, I know what you are going to say.

[quote]I am both[/quote] :wink:

[quote=“ceevee369”][quote=“igorveni”]I wonder how people vote in this pole? Are you just voting for your own country (which it seems like) or are you voting for “who’s going to win the WC 2006?”
If you are a soccer fan, be a bit more realistic in your vote![/quote]

Not right. A lot of Americans did not voted on their country. Same for UK guys…
Guess majority thinks straight, but you can not suspend patriotism (another tread)
For once, you will all be proud being where evr you conme from no? :blush:

I voted Togo. It is a 250 against 1 odd and I could become RICH, stinky RICH if they win.
Hoeala makeke abanie- awoo (etc) !! (their national hymn) :smiley:[/quote]
How do you know how others have voted? Are you guys have secret meetings? :laughing:
Why did you vote Togo? Aside from the temptation of becoming rich. :wink:

Togo? I have the deepest sympathy for people who started playing soccer bare-foot on 50 degrees Celcius hot sand, not even thinking they would see Europe one day. As for the sporty side, let us just enjoy! May the best win.

2 and a half, actually.[/quote]

1 and a half … unless you count family background.

no canada option, and even if there was … we’d not be winning methinks. :roflmao:

Huang Guang Chen,

Check out this link for details on the Australian team.
fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/t … l?team=AUS

Out of the whole squad of 23 players there are probably about 10 anglos and 13 Souther Europeans or ‘wogs’ as you like to call them. So I guess its not entirely appropriate to call the team the wogeroos. I don’t really like the use of the term ‘wog’. Despite some people saying that it isn’t racist it was originally used as a racist derogatory term to describe certain European immigrants back in the days when Australia was much a less multicultural society than it is today. This link is quite good.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wog

no canada option, and even if there was … we’d not be winning methinks. :roflmao:[/quote]

The only non-biased votes may come from Canadians. Too bad most of us know so little about soccer…er… football…sorry… I know how the Europeans get about that.

[quote=“tash”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Australia is about to humiliate the soccer world. Mark my words.

HG[/quote]
Sorry, HG, but have you actually checked to see who you’re in the group with?

Hello!!!:loco:[/quote]

They just played an embarrasing game against Iran 2:2