WCIF A competent (English speaking) psychiatrist

And you weren’t cured? Shocking.

Seriously, therapy takes years in most cases and most people don’t have the stamina to last through the process, so money becomes the “issue” for them.

The difference is the 4000nt doctor talks with you for an hour or more. That attention costs money, but in the end they still prescribe the same treatments any other doctors prescribe.

How would you know if you went once?

Pills can dispensed in one setting, but the strategies one needs to develop and put into action take quite a few more visits. At least it did for moi.

Yea but many nhi doctors can still dispense the same treatment and it’s way cheaper.

Just so you know reason even private doctors are cheap here is because of nhi. Only America charges out the ass for basic treatments.

Maybe, but it doesn’t seem to work. Again, not to hijack yet another thread and focus on your issues, I think a 4K visit to the psychiatrist is money well spent. If you and I paid ten NT for every post, we’d have the 4K fee in two or three days.

Just so you know, I have a 10 USD copay, so anything from the chiropractor to cardiologist to shrink is dirt cheap.

1 Like

How much is your premium? I was insured through Aetna in the US through my workplace, and the only place I got a 10 dollar Copay was the University Health Service. I had about 25 dollars deducted per paycheck which comes to about 50 dollars a month, and a 6000 dollar deductible.

I don’t work at Walmart. I work for a large school district. I pay double what you paid for a family of three, but again, how is this tangent helpful to the OP?

2 Likes

In Taiwan. Salaries aren’t like in the USA.

So? Does that make the therapy any less important?

No one says “man the chemo is pricey— nah, we good.”

No. But you guys were discussing prices. 4,000 is quite a bit of money here.

I lived there for a long ass time. In the long run, it isn’t. Again, you don’t get the root canal because it’s not cheap? Mental health and well being are crucial to experiencing a full life.

This is why most countries have universal healthcare because these treatments without a universal healthcare is unaffordable to most except for the super rich.

You can see a shrink at a clinic for 150nt. NHI is 850 per month. It’s a bit annoying to pay but everyone pays because without NHI it would be unaffordable.

I disagree strongly. You make your choices. You see a therapist once a month. You stop drinking and eating pizzas and wasting money on impulse buys and bango mango, you found 4k.

It’s not magic. The fact is that people who need to see a therapist tend to look down on themselves and undervalue themselves. Suffering is their crutch and that’s the thing that needs to be taken away.

This is bit of a fallacy. You have to compare prices with other similar services here, not there. And with salaries here, not there.

Also why pay 4000 for a therapist when your treatment is provided by the same 150nt therapist? NHI exists for a reason.

Because you are talking about drugs I imagine, and I am talking about the benefits of long term talk therapy.

For talk therapy you can go to The Center who will charge based on your ability to pay.

There are also other clinics who accepts NHI who will also provide talk therapy and it won’t be 4000.

In Taiwan we have options like this.

On the thats great. The oP has options. So we can stop talking about how you think it’s too pricey and how I think it’s well worth it, right?

3 Likes