WCIF a Cornhole/Baggo Set?

Not joking, not referring to anything rectal, until a month ago if you asked me what cornhole was I’d probably give you the urban dictionary definition.

However, Cornhole (with one of its more popular and more expensive brand names “Baggo”) is an outdoor game you play, two people stand about 5m apart with 4 square bean bags each, and at each person’s side on the ground is a slightly inclined board of about 1m long by 1/2m wide, with a hole in the upper end for the bean bags to go in. The incline faces the other player, and each player takes turns throwing their bean bags at the other person’s board, trying to get the bags in the hole (3 points each) or at least sitting on the board (1 point each), as opposed to way past or before the board, or bouncing or sliding off the board with each throw. So basically each round each player throws underhanded their 4 bags, the player with the most points for the round gets the difference in points for that round, first to 21 wins, hitting 11-0 is a knock out.

Anyway, it’s pretty huge in the US (must have gotten popular over the past couple years while I’ve been gone, cuz it sure wasnt when I was there), the set costs between $50-$100, and when the weather’s nice, you’ve got some beers and you’re outside, and especially when you’re at or near the beach, it’s a pretty good game.

Anyone know of it here? I can find nothing on the internet in Taiwan, Thailand, or HK…

Very strange name for a game, I must say. Especially one with bags, beans & boards.

I used to be pretty good at horse shoes.

This is a great game with an unfortunate name. I tried getting together some people to play using a Kaohsiung forum and only got semi-rude comments in reply. L guess I had to expect that.

For everyone, this is a pretty fun game. Think of when you were young and your father and uncles were playing horseshoes in the backyard. Playing this game has that kind of atmosphere. Everyone who has played on my cornhole set has loved it. And just like bowling, it goes great with beer.

To the OP: I had my set made by a local woodworker. I took the dimensions off the official cornhole association website (yep, there is one or two!) and gave it to him. I’d say the set looked perfect. I had to sand it down a bit, but all in all they look nice. I then had my wife make the corn-filled bags. Just find some good tough fabric from a fabric store, find the correct measurements and sew them. You can get the corn (2 cups/bag) from a pidgeon feed store; it’s real cheap.

If anyone is down in Kaohsiung and wants to cornhole me (couldn’t resist) send me a PM. :sunglasses:

oZzo

This is like I woke up this morning in Bizarro world or something…

It’s because the bags are filled with corn and you try to throw them in a hole.

I think this is a case where being too literal is a major fault.

I need to be able to get it to Thailand, though the boards might just fit in a big luggage. You still got the name of the guy who made it for you? You remember how much we’re talking?

Why why why would anyone give a family game such a name? :noway:

Why, Chris, what else does that name mean? I am SO innocent!!!

Everyone I know calls it Baggo, but apparently Cornhole’s its original name. It’s damn addictive too and you can play in with a beer bottle or a margarita in the other hand to no ill effect.

It’s just horse shoes. Without the horse shoes. And with more anal.

I had mine made as one solid unit (not foldable), which would be near impossible to travel with. It cost me around $2000 for him to make (included local delivery). I think it’s simple enough that any wood worker with the proper tools could do.

If you need the foldable kind, then you’ll need to find some plans on the Internet or design it yourself. I’m sure a woodworker here could do it; it would probably be easier than what I had made.

oZzo

Everyone I know calls it Baggo, but apparently Cornhole’s its original name. It’s damn addictive too and you can play in with a beer bottle or a margarita in the other hand to no ill effect.[/quote]

Everyone called it Cornhole when I went back home. And yes, it’s super addictive. I’ve even seen a set that had built in drink holders at the back of the units. I think that’ll be my next set built. :slight_smile:

oZzo