WCIF a delicious banana split? (GTA)

As the title says.
Any good place in Taipei/New Taipei?

Home DIY.

Everything you need can be had at Carrefour, PXmart, or RTmart.

Pro tip…
Want an over the top split?
Fry your bananas in a bit of butter, brown sugar, and rum. Then use them to assemble your split. Drizzle the leftover reduced sauce over the top.
voila
bananas flambe split

6 Likes

I wish I was that talented in the kitchen.
I just want to have a good one for a Sunday afternoon.

I thought about that for a long time after watching the Irishman last year. I never figured it out. I agree with @SuiGeneris (I’m glad I finally can say that, ha ha.)

C’mon man! Time to get into the kitchen. Actually cooking with rum may not be the best first thing to try cooking :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s called a Banana Boat香蕉船 in Chinese if you’re asking ice cream shops.

Yes. I admit that upon finding this on Wikipedia… I laughed out loud at the name.

United Front Daily News seems to think they found one at Bresler’s in Taipei.

Urban Savour suggests going to Swensen’s

1 Like

Have you tried any?

I have not. I haven’t had one in years. Swensen’s is always the place that I look at and think… ‘Yeahhh that looks like a good place to go with friends for a Kelsey’s type experience’ and then forget about because when I want to do it, I’m by myself and can’t justify spending $500 on a meal.

1 Like

I think Swenson’s is gone.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for @afterspivak to jump in and recommend one with Latvian ice cream…

1 Like

The Latvian ship seems to have sailed.

Perhaps this is for the best. :rofl:

Guy

This sounds like some kind of coded signal

2 Likes

And that coded signal is: thank god for the sake of my health! :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

2 Likes

They are still around. Haven’t been to one in over a decade.

Poor man’s split would be the new banana pie at McDonald’s topped with their soft serve ice cream.
:nauseated_face:

4 Likes

Not in Sanxia it hasn’t. The Latvian ship is still docked at my local 7-11.
(for now…knock on wood)

3 Likes

Hmm, I will have to go! The ones in Tienmu and Renai circle died, I thought that was it.

1 Like

I thought so too.

If you go, please report back your experience and if it was worth it.

2 Likes

It’s on the 7th floor or something. First floor is McDonalds. There’s also a Ruth’s Chris in the building. The food is pretty bad for the price. It’s entirely frozen food that they heat up in probably a microwave and don’t even try to make look better.

The ice cream makes up for it. You can probably go just for the ice cream. Not sure what a minimum purchase requirement might be, but probably one dish/person or a coffee would be enough. The drinks aren’t horribly priced, if I remember correctly

2 Likes

FIFY
:laughing:

I see what you did there :wink:

1 Like

Dunhua North Rd! SO and I ended up wandering there one day when I was trying to meet him at IKEA, passed it, and ended up around the airport, lol.

But then you get nasty ice cream or pay a small fortune for it.