WCIF A Good Store for Cake Baking

My wife’s birthday is a month away and she loves baking cakes. There are two things I want to get her, having already gotten cake icing kits and stencils for her. I would prefer not to resort to Amazon for the first, which is a good cake making book. If I could get that in Taiwan, in English, that would be great. The second is a display stand and / or carrier for cakes and cupcakes.

I know this is a bit of a niche request, but if anyone knows of a place in Taiwan, especially online, I would appreciate any information.

Check the extensive baking goods thread: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtop … s#p1127688

I like the store in Yongho best.

As for the cake making book, you might be better off just ordering through Amazon. You’ll certainly get a much wider English selection than you are going to get in any bookstore over here. Then you can spend you time scouring that list of DIY baking stores from Tempo Gain for that special gift. I make cakes too and one indispensable item that I have is a revolving cake stand. Does she have one of those? A professional set of piping nozzles would also make a great gift. A candy thermometer, a digital probe thermometer and a decent digital scale are other ideas.

Visit “Bake it Yourself”, a store from Singapore:http://www.b-i-y.com.tw/en/?___from_store=zh They have everything baking, including books, classes, and product.

No. 24, Cháng ān West Rd,
No.24, Chang’an W. Rd., Zhongshan Dist., Taipei City 10444

You can order online, too.

There’s a brilliant store in Wanlong that has goods and ingredients for sale I’ve never even seen before, like lumps of raw chocolate. I don’t know the address but I can find out if anyone’s interested.

For the cookbook, just check out www.books.com.tw
I just did a search in English for cake decorating and more than 9 pages of books came up. Usually, the price is a little more than amazon, but you don’t have to worry about high shipping costs. Another place to check out is www.bookdepository.com They ship anywhere in the world for free, but just be aware that it could take a month to get to you.

Lovely. Your replies have been very helpful. Hey, if anyone knows a place where I can get this locally (assuming one of the places above doesn’t have it) I’d be grateful.
amazon.com/Progressive-Inter … 750&sr=1-5

The shop in ZhongHe near No.4 park is excellent. It’s on the list linked above.