WCIF a lost wallet? 12/21/12 The stupidest day

Ok I know the answer, the Police Station, let me tell you my tale.

So the wife and I had a heated discussion yesterday in the morning so when it was time to go pick my baby from the Kindergarten (around 3:30) I took my bicycle to get her I was pretty upset so obviously my stupidity got a higher level and on the way dropped my wallet and lost it. Ok I panicked when I realized around 7pm I never ever before had lost my wallet,
I finally went to my wife (after going back and forth with a flashlight my trail) and ask her help to go to the police station.
So yes it was there, with all its contents, I think I had like 1900nt or something like that but I only found like 1200nt which I didn’t mind since my ID and US bank cards were there (I don’t have a bank here yet) but the Police guy wanted me to tell him if the girls that returned the wallet took money since he knows their parents but whatever chief everything is fine I’m a really really lucky guy. When I got home my mom-in-law gave me 1000nt from a caricature I did for a neighbor.

Ok that was the tip of the stupidity iceberg.

So this morning when I woke up I was happy so I went out in my bike to the stationary store to buy some stuff for a couple of art commissions I’m working on then I went to the store to get a couple of snack for my baby since I’m the luckiest person.
When I get home I’m checking my list of things to do and somebody call my wife from the police station apparently somebody found her library card. So she goes to get it and when she comes back… it was my wallet again… Oh man I was about to mock her for mocking me the day before… and just stood speechless looking at her. Oh and the money was gone this time, well they left me 100nt and my McDonalds coupons.

I just looked at my sassy-condescending wife and said: Please don’t tell nobody! And I went back to my work taking a quick breath every few minute to tell myself, out loud: I can’t believe I’m so stupid!

I when I told her the money was gone she almost runaway to the PS again but I told her not (apparently everybody knows everybody here) so I just told her, don’t make it any bigger, I’ll go get more money later.

I’m just so impress of how people actually return the wallets but also a lot more impressed with how I was so so so stupid and didn’t notice both times when I lost the darn wallet.

wow, pretty lucky:D I think that the people who turned in the wallet aren’t the same people who took the money.

Thanks for sharing your story with a double happy ending.

I lost my wallet once, somewhere between exiting a taxi and entering my apartment (inebriated). As in your situation, it turned out to be at the police station—less about NT$900—but everything else was there, including my lucky NT200 and NT2,000 bills that I keep in a hidden compartment.

Yeah I suspected that too, but I think I deserve it.

[quote=“Steve4nLanguage”]Thanks for sharing your story with a double happy ending.

I lost my wallet once, somewhere between exiting a taxi and entering my apartment (inebriated). As in your situation, it turned out to be at the police station—less about NT$900—but everything else was there, including my lucky NT200 and NT2,000 bills that I keep in a hidden compartment.[/quote]

I’m feeling really lucky because my 2 paypal debit cards are in the wallet and they are my only way to get any money here with less fees. I also you just reminded me that I had my 2, 2 dollar lucky bills hidden (people in Texas said they are bad luck) I just checked and they are still there, btw I live in a really small town in Nantou, Jhushan, I bet the situation would have been different on a bigger city.

LOL, I thought I was the only one who kept ‘lucky money’ in his wallet.

This happened to me in Taoyuan City (population 400,000), so I guess anything is possible.

Yeah lucky money… Well my mother always said never left you wallet be completely empty also some people think 2 dollar bills are fake.