WCIF a place to live happily for me and my eight dogs?

I need to move again. Neighbours are tired of the guy with too many dogs and other creatures passing through, and I want to move somewhere that makes it easier for all of us.

Does anyone know of any places that would have a large yard, no neighbour problem, and not too far from town (I need to be able to to respond to rescue calls quite quickly, but ten or fifteen minutes into the mountains is fine).

My dogs aren’t incessant barkers by any means; my neighbours have sensitive hearing and are listening out for it, so the welcome chorus I get when returning home drives them nuts, even though it’s short and infrequent.

If you know of anywhere that might work for us, please let me know.

Thanks!

Have you considered looking for an institute for the deaf?

A house in Pinglin might be a nice option now with the tunnel in full operation.

One very funny and very useful suggestion so far. Pinglin is gorgeous; just my cup of tea. I’ll look into that. Thank you.

What about up that back road that Jeremy lives on? Maybe you could ask him or maybe Simon the book bloke to keep a weather eye open for places up there? That would be ideal for someone like you, I bet.

I’m looking all over that area now (but not too close to Simon; he’s already made that clear :laughing: ).

I’m making up posters to put on village noticeboards in these areas.

Cheers!

There are also some bargains to be had on BeiXin road over the back of beitou - my friendjust picked up a 90 ping house, spacious garage with 80 ping fully enclosed lanscaped garden for less than liangwan including comm fees

A barn somewhere?

Seriously, you’ve got to find one of those places in the hills behind Bitan. You need space.

I wish I could recommend Danshui to you, but it is way too far away and the roads into town too clogged. You need hill country, not too far from town.

I’m thinking Alaska - lots of space and you could get a sled! :slight_smile:

There was this lovely sanheyuan for sale in Ankeng Road, huge space.

I’ll keep an eye out, too, in Xindian.

How close to Taipei do you need to be?

Right now, I can get to ShiDa in about 30 mins; something similar would be fantastic. But I’m looking right now at a place about 20 mins from Bitan. That’s just about doable.

Many thanks for the suggestions.

The place I was considering won’t work for me, so any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Something like this:

taipei.kijiji.com.tw/c-Housing-r … Z193539224

Or even this:

taipei.kijiji.com.tw/c-Housing-r … Z188111220

Thanks for hunting for me, Icon.

I think those two would be too close to other homes, though.

[quote=“Icon”]There was this lovely sanheyuan for sale in Ankeng Road, huge space.

I’ll keep an eye out, too, in Xindian.[/quote]

How much did they want for the sanheyuan?

I hope you like the cold!

[quote=“Rotalsnart”][quote=“Icon”]There was this lovely sanheyuan for sale in Ankeng Road, huge space.

I’ll keep an eye out, too, in Xindian.[/quote]

How much did they want for the sanheyuan?[/quote]

I think it was 8 or 12, attached to a huge property. Problem was that it had a small hill in teh back…